Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Battery powered lawn mower
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Battery powered lawn mower Reply with quote

coad wrote:
What's anyone know about the new robotic mowers? They just started selling them here, and I bet that in 5 years, once the technology gets better and the price comes down, they'll be a big deal.

Anybody have any experience with them?

Link

F-Me at 5K that fucker better have a built in taser to keep people from steeling it whilst I enjoy a tasty beverage
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Battery powered lawn mower Reply with quote

When we first moved into our house 31 years ago, I hated mowing. I wanted nothing more than to maybe plant the whole lawn with ivy so I'd never have to mow. But, life intervened, and I mowed the lawn myself every week to 10 days from April to October. I didn't want to pay someone to do it, so I did it myself.

And over the years, I slowly came to realize, that this 90-minute exercise pulling and pushing this machine up and down the slopes of my lawn, bagging the clippings, etc. etc. was a healthy workout for me. I would be drenched in sweat at the end of the mowing. My daughter mowed the grass once, and she said it was the hardest thing she had done yet. That's when I realized that this exercise that I hated, was one reason I was staying healthy. And why at 65, I still do the mowing.

So never mind that the $2,500 price tag of the Miimo will pay for a couple of years' worth of a lawn mowing service. I can't put a price tag on the health benefits of doing this hated task for the last 31 years.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Battery powered lawn mower Reply with quote

79SuperVert wrote:
I mowed the lawn myself every week to 10 days from April to October. I didn't want to pay someone to do it, so I did it myself..

wow, that's got to be nice....I have to cut every 3-5 days in the growing season. it sucks. I am now on about a once a week schedule now. I cut about 3-3.5 acres and depending on my mood....4 acres. it got to the point it would take almost a full day to cut, so I bought a trail mower and cut 10 feet per pass. I have it down to about an hour now.

robot mower? naaa....just get a rope Very Happy

Link

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Battery powered lawn mower Reply with quote

Mo betta

Link

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Battery powered lawn mower Reply with quote

For Sale: Stihl FS45 string trimmer.

Runs fine if/when you can get it started. Been this way since I purchased it new.

New carb, since that had to be replaced even after following the manufacturer's instructions on proper storage.

Cutting head is currently not installed, as it would not thread back into place for the umpteenth time during my ownership.

Gas tank has a crack across the top from where the trimmer hit the fence after being thrown across the yard after the umpteenth time the cutting head would not thread back into place.

If you are a hardcore Stihl products enthusiast, then this is for you. If not, but you are a sort of masochist, then this is for you, too.

I hear Husqvarna makes a nice cordless electric trimmer. Proceeds from the sale of this steaming load of dung will go towards the purchase of a battery powered model.
Bob Loblaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Battery powered lawn mower Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Runs fine if/when you can get it started. Been this way since I purchased it new.

I recall from my days of small engine repair;
"Stihl doesn't run."

Get a Husky
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Battery powered lawn mower Reply with quote

Bob Loblaw wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

I recall from my days of small engine repair;
"Stihl doesn't run."

Get a Husky

My chainsaw is a Husky (excellent) and my snowblower is a Husky (marginal). My trimmer will be a Husky, or anything other than Stihl.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Battery powered lawn mower Reply with quote

my battery powered riding lawn mower is still sitting there with dead battery. I put a new $11.00 ebay china carb on my push mower and...pussh away....well it does have 2 wheel drive...and kinda draggs me along with it..most of the time. kinda funny out there in the 94+degree weather mowing a nice size yard, sweatting my butt off, and getter all done and....the clouds come over, it gets kinda dark and temps drop into the 80's and the clouds water the lawn very lightly for me....sure be nice if they would shop up when im fixen to cut the grass. Wink weather in florida, just wait 10 min and it might change....unless you want it to.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Battery powered lawn mower Reply with quote

Went to trim my boxwood hedges yesterday and forgot that my gas power weedeater (which I also used for hedge trimming w different attachment) had a broken pull cord. Ran to Lowes to get the battery powered Kobalt hedge trimmer. It was lighter and did the job without a problem.

The battery powered mower - not my favorite. (Uses alot of battery on my sized lawn and doesn't like to cut grass of any length making you cut it more often. And in 98 degrees and 99% humidity, I look forward to the fall).
The weedeater - I like it.
The hedgetrimmer - I like it.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Battery powered lawn mower Reply with quote

Went to visit my sister this past week. They have an EGO electric push mower and they love it. Kids don't really like to cut the grass, but they like the mower just fine. Only complaint so far is the motor will overheat going through really long grass on really hot days. No issues on normal grass. I guess that is a good excuse for not letting the grass get very long.

This mower is so quiet! I decided I had to try it out. I now think an electric mower is definitely in my future.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: