Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GArBa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

not necessarly perished if properly maintained (e.g. the occasional ride to stretch its legs), the asking price is from 30 to 50% more than what I see those going usually. it would be maybe justified had the car been an 100% immaculate as-it-came-from-the-factory museum item as opposed to a vehicle modified for UK road regulations (side repeater, MPH speedo...) and sparsely used.
'22 type C1 T-Cross
'23 type AC3 Hyundai I10 (VW no longer makes small cars!)
-------------------------
moped:
'82 Benelli Magnum 3v
Eskamobob1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

awreed wrote:
Eskamobob1 wrote:
dont think this is the right place at all, and im sure just about everyone here has seen this beast of a car, but I just wanted to point out an ingenious way to make cold air intakes for intercoolers on a bug.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

link to this dudes nuts EJ20T 1303 build http://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=143738

Yeah, this should go into the bastards/abortions thread.

Pretty amazing work this guy did, though. One question: why go through that insane amount of work turning the body in like that? Why not just bolt on some air scoops?

I have somehow missed that thread entierly. As for why, the guy stated that he couldnt get the flow he wanted without widening the channel already, so he want this way to keep it looking nicer.
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Are sunbugs in this condition worth 5 figures? Tim?? Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/253616408563111

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
Eskamobob1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
Are sunbugs in this condition worth 5 figures? Tim?? Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/253616408563111

Ok, realy though, anyone know where I can find a steering wheel like that? Its fucking gorgeous.

EDIT: Im a dumbass. Its just a cover. Kinda wish I could find an after market steering wheel that accepted the horn button from a late model though
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

5 figures is too much. If it were a convertible, maybe. But it's beautiful, and that original interior (except the shifter) looks really good.

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

90% original paint? I don't think so
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2196017
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Jesus... Razz

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/928049303986390

1600 SP engine
AlmostHeavenWV_VW Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
Jesus... Razz

"Your scientists were so preoccupied if they could do it, they never stopped to think if they should."
Bosch DVDA 205AJ Distributor
superman11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Where can I get parts for my 69 beetle sedan that actually fit?
I'm not sure what the issue is but I routinely have to order 3-4 sets of parts to get one that half assed works.
I'm ordering a lot off of ebay and am careful to check the year and the brand and yet I'm on my 4th headlight switch, third dome light, 2nd front turn signal seals, 2nd door handles, 6th headlight switch knob, and 3rd glove compartment knob.
I've cross referenced the car to ensure it's the right year, (late 69) and it's correct.. but for every part that's a "direct fit for 60 something through 70" I end up having to order 3-4 to actually get the right one.
I've restored 4 Porsches and a handful of British cars over the years and never had this problem.
Either this isn't a 69 and someone meticulously moved the vin plate, the front trunk plate and the vin under the rear seat to a different year car, no one has good parts, or I have a weird one off car.
Many thanks for any help you guys can offer.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

superman11 wrote:
I'm not sure what the issue is but I routinely have to order 3-4 sets of parts to get one that half assed works.
I'm ordering a lot off of ebay and am careful to check the year and the brand and yet I'm on my 4th headlight switch, third dome light, 2nd front turn signal seals, 2nd door handles, 6th headlight switch knob, and 3rd glove compartment knob.
I've cross referenced the car to ensure it's the right year, (late 69) and it's correct.. but for every part that's a "direct fit for 60 something through 70" I end up having to order 3-4 to actually get the right one.
I've restored 4 Porsches and a handful of British cars over the years and never had this problem.
Either this isn't a 69 and someone meticulously moved the vin plate, the front trunk plate and the vin under the rear seat to a different year car, no one has good parts, or I have a weird one off car.

NOS parts are the first choice. 2nd choice is restored original parts. 3rd choice is to do some research on what you're looking for. Most new parts are not as good as the original VW parts where. This site has lots of good posts of "where can I buy the best window rubber" or other particular part.

When I need new parts, I look at West Coast Metric, Wolfsburg West and Cip-1. Cip-1 will note if it's a good parts and are usually accurate. The also list "economy" quality parts that should be avoided.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
AlmostHeavenWV_VW Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

superman11 wrote:
I'm ordering a lot off of ebay

[......]

Don't order parts off ebay. It's a crap shoot because most of the time the people listing/selling the items aren't fully aware of the difference between a bus, a thing, a ghia, and a beetle. Let alone that there is such a difference as a Super vs Standard. Or autostick vs manual. or 1302 vs 1303. or the year-to-year variations in fitment within model series.

Here's a general list of parts suppliers for ACVWs:
Wolfsburg West
Jbugs
CIP1
Aircooled.net
Wolfgang international
BugHaus
CBPerformance
BugCity
WestCoast Metric
Pierside Parts

And for hardware,fuel lines, etc.:
BoltDepot
McMaster-Carr
BelMetric

wcfvw69 wrote:

NOS parts are the first choice. 2nd choice is restored original parts. 3rd choice is to do some research on what you're looking for. Most new parts are not as good as the original VW parts where.

x2 on this.
Bosch DVDA 205AJ Distributor
Paul Ray
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://fayetteville.craigslist.org/pts/d/1973-vw-beetle/6668897253.html

Don't know what this guy is smoking.
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

^^^^

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Laughing
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Is it just me, or has the front clip on this car been cut off and sectioned in? Either way, that's a pretty high price.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2189421
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

looks like they replaced or reinforced the strut tower. It is a steep price, but it's England and it's a beautiful Super. Who knows, may be priced right for that part of the world.

Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

vamram, last time I looked 'liege , belgium' was in well...belgium (which is just north of france). not england! Shocked
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

finster wrote:
vamram, last time I looked 'liege , belgium' was in well...belgium (which is just north of france). not england! Shocked

Oops; confused the currency symbol was for British pounds, didn't even look at the location!

Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
Zar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/pts/d/1200cc-1600cc-vw-empi-dual/6668605392.html

Deal of the day.
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

Umm what... yeah I'll trade my classic VW bug for a few days in a cabin Shocked Question

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/wan/d/cars-vw-bug/6654684700.html

1600 SP engine
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Late Model/Super and parts for sale Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
Umm what... yeah I'll trade my classic VW bug for a few days in a cabin Shocked Question

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/wan/d/cars-vw-bug/6654684700.html

I actually Google'd that because heck, who knows if rentals there are super expensive or something.
It looked like houses were $200-$300/night so that seems unreasonable...
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Jump to:
Page 65 of 91

Jump to: