Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Recommendations for Sicily Visit September
Forum Index -> International Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dlglobal1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:25 am    Post subject: Recommendations for Sicily Visit September Reply with quote

Hello, I will be visiting the southeast area of Sicily in September with my family. We will start in Catania and visit the surrounding areas of Syracuse, Noto etc. Looking for any VW shops or clubs where I might find type 3 parts and always interested to meet other aircooled fans! All suggestions welcome!
1968 Mercedes 230 "Heckflosse"
1970 Type 3 Fastback 1600 TA L60D
Gurn Blanston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Recommendations for Sicily Visit September Reply with quote

Hope you had a good time. We have not done that portion of Italy.

We did Rome first, then flew to Munich for Oktoberfest and to pick up my wife's new BMW at the Welt. Then we drove through five countries in five hours- Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland (over the San Bernardino Pass), and into Italy, arriving in Varese where we had a tour of MV Agusta scheduled for the next morning. Then we did Maranello, Modena, Sant'agata Bolognese, Bologna, San Cesario sul Panero, and then on to Venice, before looping back up through Salzburg Austria and back into Germany to continue the rest of our trip. We only spent 11 days of that trip in Italy, but we loved it.

Last edited by Gurn Blanston on Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> International All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: