Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Reply with quote

Sunday August 5, 2018 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Acton Fairgrounds
550 ME-109
Acton, ME 04001

http://the-bug-club.webs.com/apps/calendar/showEve...6month%3d7

From Club Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/559170341110517/
Quote:
Where?
Rt. 109 at the Acton Fairgrounds in Acton,Maine.
ALL VWS are welcome to show.
$10.00 per vehicle and driver
$3.00 General admission and under 10 free.
Show times are 9AM-3PM.
Registration closes at 11:30AM.
Voting ends at 12:30PM.
Awards at or before 3PM.
Awards 1ST-3RD in 20 classes. including a German class for Audis,Porsche,BMW etc
We have the 50/50 raffle.
New parts and swap meet area.
LOOKING FOR MORE VENDORS!! No vending near show vehicles. This is an FAMILY oriented event. NO DRUGS OR ALCOHOL ALLOWED!
For more information please contact Becky Lewis at [email protected] or Dave Wallace (207)353-6094
This is an RAIN OR SHINE EVENT..THINK SHINE!! Smile

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
turbotype1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Reply with quote

A new class for BMW,Porsche and Audi……
Way to screw up a good show Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
This new fad of get it the lowest, or run it with the worst looks, (patina) isn't cool, it's for the hey everyone look at me crowd, i'm driving a beat down ratty, unsafe, VW, how cool am I ???...your not....

Pissing off the purists since 1997

Wanted: Boyd Motors plate frame

57 Turbo Oval Sliding rag
67 13 window delux walk-thru- now 21
64 all original for the misses
83 Sinka m-TDI diesel
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Reply with quote

turbotype1 wrote:
A new class for BMW,Porsche and Audi……
Way to screw up a good show Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I think its a great idea, for the new class. Cool

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
turbotype1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Reply with quote

To each his own...
I've got nothing against those cars……. But, It's called an "All VW" show for a reason….
This new fad of get it the lowest, or run it with the worst looks, (patina) isn't cool, it's for the hey everyone look at me crowd, i'm driving a beat down ratty, unsafe, VW, how cool am I ???...your not....

Pissing off the purists since 1997

Wanted: Boyd Motors plate frame

57 Turbo Oval Sliding rag
67 13 window delux walk-thru- now 21
64 all original for the misses
83 Sinka m-TDI diesel
EasternNotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Reply with quote

turbotype1 wrote:
To each his own...
I've got nothing against those cars……. But, It's called an "All VW" show for a reason….

Gotta agree with this. The event is titled Vacationland Volkswagen Association's 29th Annual ALL VW Car show (in caps ) I like those other cars as well but maybe the name should reflect that- maybe all German car show.

whatever, I'm coming anyway even if you add a Corvair class

-Lucas
1969 Fastback
1989 Doka AFN TDI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Reply with quote

turbotype1 wrote:
To each his own...

I think they are trying to get young people to attend the show. Air-cooled VW's are not cheap cars anymore. Mad

02/76 Beetle sedan
type2rescuemaine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Reply with quote

APPLEGREENVW wrote:
turbotype1 wrote:
To each his own...

I think they are trying to get young people to attend the show. Air-cooled VW's are not cheap cars anymore. Mad

Maybe I'm not as much of a purist as most here on thesamba, but I say the more the merrier! Sure, it's different from the past, but I appreciate all cool cars nonetheless. Smile
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Reply with quote

This is a great show! I plan to be there Sat. for camping at the fairgrounds and all day Sunday for the show.

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
EasternNotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Reply with quote

Stanagon wrote:
This is a great show! I plan to be there Sat. for camping at the fairgrounds and all day Sunday for the show.

See you up there Stan, I'm planning to drive up Sunday AM. Maybe we can cruise back together after

-Lucas
1969 Fastback
1989 Doka AFN TDI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fez68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Reply with quote

APPLEGREENVW wrote:
turbotype1 wrote:
To each his own...

Ya the only non vw cars were 356 porsches even more expensive!!
And really nice. Those were some fine cars.
fez68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Reply with quote

I had to leave early to meet the family. i had the 68 pearl white westy. Anyone know who placed in the 68-72 bus class? Thanks.
fez68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Reply with quote

so there isn't one person that knows who placed in the 68 -73 bus class ? I sent a message to the woman that runs the show on their facebook page but haven't seen anything on there yet. usually the results gets posted for a show. iyts been almost a month now . I don't want to seem like a weirdo . I have been restoring this bus for 3 years and this is the first show and I has a class for 68 -73 which is cool. just wanted to know what people think of the restoration.
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Reply with quote

fez68 wrote:
so there isn't one person that knows who placed in the 68 -73 bus class ? I sent a message to the woman that runs the show on their facebook page but haven't seen anything on there yet. usually the results gets posted for a show. iyts been almost a month now . I don't want to seem like a weirdo . I have been restoring this bus for 3 years and this is the first show and I has a class for 68 -73 which is cool. just wanted to know what people think of the restoration.

Why didn't you wait for the results at the end of the show to find out ?

02/76 Beetle sedan
fez68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Reply with quote

Well
My son is 1 years old. We live about almost two hours away. He had been sick with with a 104 deg. Temp the day before and a cough. I got out early that morning and stayed till noon but i wanted to get back kind of early to help my wife out. We also have a 5 yr old. It was pretty hot that day i didnt want to take them up there. I guess maybee next year i can find out. They were calling out some of.last years winners when i was there .
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Reply with quote

fez68 wrote:
Well
My son is 1 years old. We live about almost two hours away. He had been sick with with a 104 deg. Temp the day before and a cough. I got out early that morning and stayed till noon but i wanted to get back kind of early to help my wife out. We also have a 5 yr old. It was pretty hot that day i didnt want to take them up there. I guess maybee next year i can find out. They were calling out some of.last years winners when i was there .

Here is a nice vw show to go, if the weather is nice. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695844

02/76 Beetle sedan
fez68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Reply with quote

yes! I went there in 1996? with my 71 sportmobile and I have been going for the last 4 years.(without a vw)
It rains every year !! anyways I have been planning to go to that since I got this 68 westy 3 years ago and finally it will be able to go. I just finished it this spring and got it on the road. see you there!
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Reply with quote

fez68 wrote:
yes! I went there in 1996? with my 71 sportmobile and I have been going for the last 4 years.(without a vw)
It rains every year !!

Once every 4-5 years it might rain.... Confused

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
fez68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Reply with quote

ok not every year, but it did the past 2. I was there though with my raincoat checking out the busses. on guy had that splitty with a dirtbike in the back !
fez68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Reply with quote

crukub. you have the ponytail?
I remember you from when I had my 71 sportmobile bus back in the day. when das bulli haus had the highroof panel van with all the parts. I used to go to litchfiled with my buddy every year and camp down the road the night before. hopkington nh was allways a great show the guy with the mustache that ran it was awesome. I forget his name . again went the day before and camped out . one guy had a late model with dual 40 dellortos and we took a FAST ride to his house on time so my buddy could get some parts off him.

sorry about your dad .
ill see you at the show. keep bussing ,fez
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Reply with quote

Yep, that would be me. The guy w/ the mustache was Paul McCarthy, was Pres. of the N.H. club for a few years, Hopkinton was a great show !!

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: