Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I need help locating this body style.
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SupWithIt_7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: I need help locating this body style. Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
SupWithIt_7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: I need help locating this body style. Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone had an idea of where to get it, or where I could have it made? Thanks for the help.
DuaneL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: I need help locating this body style. Reply with quote

My guess would be Brazil looks similar to http://www.kitbaja.com.br/kits/kb.html but is probably one of the other Brazilian manufactures. (by the way in Brasil they call it a fusca baja)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SupWithIt_7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: I need help locating this body style. Reply with quote

Yeah I knew that but I was hoping someone would know where I could have them made or mabye have some for sale. Thanks
Third
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: I need help locating this body style. Reply with quote

I would *guess* that it would be cheaper to buy one down there, and import it if they still make them.

To have one made in the States would require a donor just to make the molds (assuming you want a fiberglass kit). It would cost a fortune, but doable. But someone would have to get their hands on a kit just to make the molds.
Armadillo1954
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: I need help locating this body style. Reply with quote

Maybe it's time for you to break out the Big Daddy Ed Roth genes and make it yourself. He used chicken wire and newspaper covered in plaster to make the shape he wanted, fiberglassed over it then knocked out the plaster. Hell some of his cars that have been restored still had some of the plaster stuck in them. It's not hard and you can make it anyway you want. Just read up, and dig in. At the very least you could lay up the shape and have someone else lay the glass, but you can do it. I made a whole john boat from an old fiberglass boat that had rotted out. Just used the old one, covered it in release agent and fiberglassed over it. I then busted the old boat out trimmed and painted it. Worked great for years. Don't be afraid of the stuff.
BigSherm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: I need help locating this body style. Reply with quote

Jeez, that looks good, though!

Sherm
Armadillo1954
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: I need help locating this body style. Reply with quote

I couldn't rediscover the site but I saw two of this same kit on a slovakia video where they were playing in the mud. Looked good but sorry I can't find it again.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: