Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do to your Beetle this week?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 281, 282, 283 ... 315, 316, 317  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67CarGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Ordered more parts! Very Happy
New fuel pump and plug wire set, with plans to try to start her again this weekend...

rcooled wrote:

On the other hand, if what the OP really wants is a project that'll take up all of his free time for a couple of years, relieve his bank account of many thousands of dollars and frustrate the living hell out of him, then this car is a good place to start.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I put a new clutch, throw out bearing, pressure plate, firewall insulation and accelerator cable in this weekend. Drives a lot better!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Put in a 6v horn relay. Now my horn works when I have lights, brakes, and turn signals on and sitting at idle! Thinking about rotating the relay so the terminals point up which will let me shorten the wires for a cleaner look.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

rcroane wrote:
Put in a 6v horn relay. Now my horn works when I have lights, brakes, and turn signals on and sitting at idle! Thinking about rotating the relay so the terminals point up which will let me shorten the wires for a cleaner look.

I put mine in a small plastic food container with a small hole cut into what became the bottom side to keep the thing from getting wet.

As for me, I spent yet another day trying to figure out why my car hasn't started in almost 4 weeks. Right now my main issue seems to be no spark out of two separately tested coils.
keithnorm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I installed a spankin new wiring harness in my 64. I followed the steps from the BugMe Video and it wasn't that bad! And I learned a ton. The best part - my headlights are now much brighter, all the random things that didn't work before now work (horn, interior light, dash lights, etc.), and the starter starts the car even when hot (had been a problem for the last 6 years).

Just drove the car for the first time in about 3 months. Had to stop myself from randomly honking the horn just for the joy of knowing it now works and I fixed it lol Very Happy
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

This week a new shift rod bushing went in, a new shift coupler and I fixed the Bowden tube. It didn't have enough sag and the car was jerking taking off in first gear. The Bowden tube fix wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

keithnorm wrote:
I installed a spankin new wiring harness in my 64. I followed the steps from the BugMe Video and it wasn't that bad! And I learned a ton. The best part - my headlights are now much brighter, all the random things that didn't work before now work (horn, interior light, dash lights, etc.), and the starter starts the car even when hot (had been a problem for the last 6 years).

Just drove the car for the first time in about 3 months. Had to stop myself from randomly honking the horn just for the joy of knowing it now works and I fixed it lol Very Happy

A new wiring harness install is beginning to look mighty attractive right about now.
MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Put flashing light bulbs in the semaphores an took her out for her first tank of gas!
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Fixed an exhaust Rolling Eyes

67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

MeeferMadness wrote:
Put flashing light bulbs in the semaphores an took her out for her first tank of gas!

Damn that car is nice looking!

I pump my own gas. No matter what the gas gimp has to say about it.

Have fun with your fresh car.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
lojoma
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I replaced the starter switch in my '63. At some point, the starter switch had been replaced by a PO, and the key was the "L" shaped one, while I had the original round door key. I bought a switch here on The Samba to match my door key, so I now only have to use one key for both!
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Washed it.

'64cal lookdub
1200 Deluxe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Man that is a killer '66!
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
Washed it.

With what, a Brillo pad?? Mad
Razz

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental

Last edited by 67 Florida Deluxe on Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DurocShark
Samba Member

Location: Crappy town in a crappy state. But the beach is nearby, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

I washed mine and moved it onto the street so I could pull my Saab in to do some work. Embarassed
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
iowegian wrote:
Washed it.

Razz

HEY!!!!!!!. That look is "in"-------all the cool kids are doin' it. Evil or Very Mad
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
iowegian wrote:
Washed it.

Razz

HEY!!!!!!!. That look is "in"-------all the cool kids are doin' it. Evil or Very Mad

Just messing with ya, Weegie! It's been a long time Cool . I do love your "pre-patina" finish, though. I had a '66 in VW Blue when I was 15. It had the same thing going on with the paint. Geeze, I wish I still had that car Mad

-Kent

'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
iowegian wrote:
67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
iowegian wrote:
Washed it.

Razz

Just messing with ya, Weegie! It's been a long time Cool . I do love your "pre-patina" finish, though. I had a '66 in VW Blue when I was 15. It had the same thing going on with the paint. Geeze, I wish I still had that car Mad

-Kent
"Pre-patina"?
I like that description. Down to - but not through - the primer.
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
"Pre-patina"?
I like that description. Down to - but not through - the primer.

I just made it up. Seemed fitting Smile

dmackustom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Beetle this week? Reply with quote

Just got this. Got it state patrol inspected and tagged this morning.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 281, 282, 283 ... 315, 316, 317  Next
Jump to:
Page 282 of 317

Jump to: