Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 315, 316, 317 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
Just to be clear, he didn't throw those "huge" numbers out, I did, it's just my opinion if you don't agree that's fine. But there is SO MUCH that goes into the value of car, you mentioned having documentation on your cars did you have everything he has?? And on all the cars you mention above? Location is another big consideration, you're in Northern California where bugs are a dime a dozen, and mostly rust free, he's in the frozen tundra of the midwest where roads are salted 5-6 months out of the year, so to find one in that area in that condition is exceedingly rare (yes I know he said it came from California but that just means the shipping expense has already been realized.)
I also had no idea he was offered mid-twenties for it I just read that he had turned down a "reasonable offer." If that was the reasonable offer than I agree with him that he should have jumped on it, but as you said we don't know the details. But if that IS true, then I absolutely stand by my valuation of the car.

You can stand by your opinion, but it’s just that, an opinion. I have actual figures of cars I’ve sold, and what others have sold for, going off opinions only gives people false hope. The only reason that car is as clean as it is, is because it IS a California car, where it’s currently located doesn’t make it more valuable. Clean cars aren’t a dime a dozen here either, 2 of the ones I mentioned were actually New York cars. I just don’t think it’s fair to anyone to throw out some random value of a car online because opinionated values mean nothing in the real world. NADA guide gives super high values too, I have yet to see any Vw sell for their so called values.
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:

You can stand by your opinion, but it’s just that, an opinion. I have actual figures of cars I’ve sold, and what others have sold for, going off opinions only gives people false hope.

If he really got offered $20k + for it (your words not mine) I'd say my opinion is NOT giving him false hope! Wink

jays58s wrote:
where it’s currently located doesn’t make it more valuable.

I thought his reasonable offer came from someone locally, I suppose you are correct if someone on here sent him a PM with that offer.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
jays58s wrote:

You can stand by your opinion, but it’s just that, an opinion. I have actual figures of cars I’ve sold, and what others have sold for, going off opinions only gives people false hope.

If he really got offered $20k + for it (your words not mine) I'd say my opinion is NOT giving him false hope! Wink

jays58s wrote:
where it’s currently located doesn’t make it more valuable.

I thought his reasonable offer came from someone locally, I suppose you are correct if someone on here sent him a PM with that offer.

I’m sure someone made that offer, but I don’t believe anyone until they show up with cash in hand. I had a guy wanting to buy my pearl white 65 for more than what I ended up selling it for, but he disappeared and never returned any of my calls. That’s why I never believe anything people say, and we never know what a car actually sells for here unless you know that person. I have friends that have bought cars listed here for half of the listed price. Big window cars just haven’t quite hit the $20k range unless they’re ridiculously mint and super low mileage.
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
Big window cars just haven’t quite hit the $20k range unless they’re ridiculously mint and super low mileage.

Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/839955679533677

Very nice but "Concours condition?" A few things tell me no

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

I predict a tough sell in that color, which is not "100% Factory Specification"... along with a ton of other stuff.

There is TONS of wrong stuff on that car for a "restoration"
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes I can't believe people spend what they spend with this guy. I have yet to see one properly done car.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2201430
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
Rolling Eyes I can't believe people spend what they spend with this guy. I have yet to see one properly done car.

What specifically are you looking at? It looks, on my cell phone, like a very nice paint job. That alone can easily be 5 figures. I'm not paying that for a small window, but when you build a Bug you find out it ain't cheap real quick.

It seems.to me the market has several segments. The low mile, never wrecked, never rebuilt garage queens are top tier. Original to see patina start down a sliding scale (to me) based on how much they are as above or a field find.

Another whole scale is the restored cars. At best I think the true low mile original is better. It is really hard to do a perfect copy of VW in 195x or 196x. However, I'd be a lot more willing to use a good rebuilt Bug, with everything gone through for better and worse, as a daily driver.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

EVfun wrote:
jays58s wrote:

What specifically are you looking at? It looks, on my cell phone, like a very nice paint job. That alone can easily be 5 figures. I'm not paying that for a small window, but when you build a Bug you find out it ain't cheap real quick.

It seems.to me the market has several segments. The low mile, never wrecked, never rebuilt garage queens are top tier. Original to see patina start down a sliding scale (to me) based on how much they are as above or a field find.

Another whole scale is the restored cars. At best I think the true low mile original is better. It is really hard to do a perfect copy of VW in 195x or 196x. However, I'd be a lot more willing to use a good rebuilt Bug, with everything gone through for better and worse, as a daily driver.

I know exactly what it costs to paint and restore a bug, it’s what I do. My point is, for what he paid to have that done, he could’ve built it just as it was when it was new, and would have a much better chance at getting a decent chunk of what he invested back. My other point was, the guy that restored it is a hack. He claims to know these cars inside and out and what it takes to make one all original again, but NONE of his builds are period correct. Then there’s the zwitter I previously mentioned that he built....
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Today`s a good day to whine...
Cali Wolfsberg?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2201797

Must see to appreciate?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2169831

Sweet...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2178589
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Bryan67 wrote:
Today`s a good day to whine...
Cali Wolfsberg?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2201797

Must see to appreciate?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2169831

Sweet...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2178589

"Car is perfect for around town daily driver and prep'ed for full restoration. ", except, you know for that whole not starting thing....

"I know what I have". Apparently not as its priced above what a real RHD ragtop in primer would run.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

🤮

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2201876
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
🤮

This is a hack move but I'd probably spray paint that entire car one color before selling it.

The paint is already garbage but at least it would look better.

Weird that the engine has a Bus governor on it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
jays58s wrote:
🤮

This is a hack move but I'd probably spray paint that entire car one color before selling it.

I don’t know that it would even help lol.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
EverettB wrote:
jays58s wrote:
🤮

I should have not said not at that price but definitely would fetch a little more than the way it is now.
"Fresh paint!" LOL
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
jays58s wrote:
EverettB wrote:
jays58s wrote:
🤮

I should have not said not at that price but definitely would fetch a little more than the way it is now.
"Fresh paint!" LOL

Lol, “I’ve got a hunerd n fiddy bucks just in Rustoleum on this baby.”
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
🤮

Other than the money, I like it... semaphores are cool.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2201841

I know it's not a beetle part, but is there any difference between this and any other fan shroud?
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:

I know it's not a beetle part, but is there any difference between this and any other fan shroud?

It’s a doghouse without fresh air. Make it kinda rare.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
67ctbug wrote:

It’s a doghouse without fresh air. Make it kinda rare.

Yes, I know they are in demand and are expensive because of that.

Same as the Puma shrouds, which are similar but low profile.
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:

Thing shrouds bring good money.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 315, 316, 317 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 316 of 422

Jump to: