Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rim width
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
freakybug_99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Rim width Reply with quote

Can I run a 15x6 cookie cutter rim on my lowered frontend without rubbing. It's lowered but not slammed. I run stock height spindles. Pic is how the car sits. I want to change my disc's over to the Porsche pattern.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Eskamobob1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Rim width Reply with quote

freakybug_99 wrote:
Can I run a 15x6 cookie cutter rim on my lowered frontend without rubbing. It's lowered but not slammed. I run stock height spindles. Pic is how the car sits. I want to change my disc's over to the Porsche pattern.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Is it a super or a standard? Supers can run 15x7 on all 4 corners with early 944NA brakes. As for standard beetle, I am actualy having trouble finding out the exact same info. IIRC all cookie cutters are ET53.2,so that will help, but I believe you will still need some minor spacers for the rear. As for the front, I realy dont know. Sorry I cant help more, but I am excited to hear the answers
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Rim width Reply with quote

Eskamobob1 wrote:
Is it a super or a standard?

Sure looks like a Standard to me.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eskamobob1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Rim width Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Eskamobob1 wrote:
Is it a super or a standard?

Sure looks like a Standard to me.

Just wanted to make sure it wasnt a 71 super as if it is he has no worries, but if it isnt idk if they will fit or not.
freakybug_99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Rim width Reply with quote

It's a 77 Standard. Thanks for the info. I'll keep you posted on what I find out.
Eskamobob1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Rim width Reply with quote

freakybug_99 wrote:
It's a 77 Standard. Thanks for the info. I'll keep you posted on what I find out.

You may try looking up vdubengineering and trying to contact lanner. He has a lot of experience with fitting early (ET32.2) and late (ET 53.2) offset porsche wheels on bug, so while he may not be able to help on all wheels, he should be able to help with porsche wheels and let you know exactly what kind of spacers you will need.

Also, FWIW, 5.5" wheels fit on a 2.5" drop with no rubbing on a standard beam with 72 ghia (2 pin) disk conversion. Honestly, you realy dont need any wider than that. That is even the width that the classic race team runs on their ghias and supers.

EDIT: Just reread your post, yah, try contacting lanner. He will be able to help you out.

Last edited by Eskamobob1 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:52 am; edited 2 times in total
freakybug_99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Rim width Reply with quote

Gotcha, Thanks again.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: