Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New distributor and cel
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
debbiej
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: New distributor and cel Reply with quote

I haven't posted here in a long time. We've been having a lot of relatively trouble free fun in our 95 rialta. Gradually we noticed it wasn't running great, bought a simple obdII code reader for it. It gave us code that booklet definition said "camshaft position sensor (Hall effects sender) check cps and if normal, replace distributor" we had that done, and had it timed again. It is running great, but the check engine light is on. It used to come on when the engine was under a load, but go off. Now it just stays on. I've had one mechanic tell me it is just a electrical glitch and it's safe to ignore, which we have. another tell me VW software has to reset so it recognizes the new part.
We've reset the code on the little obd2 reader, but it just comes back on with the same code. Probably need to find someone with that vag-com, our VW dealer is useless.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!
mastersryan!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: New distributor and cel Reply with quote

How many miles have you put on the vehicle since the reset?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: