Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Glacier NP mini-TR
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SCM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Glacier NP mini-TR Reply with quote

It's been a whirlwind of a summer and I just realized I have some photos to share (and time to kill in the office). Unfortunately this trip ended poorly due to the unexpected loss of a relative and an even more unexpected (and traumatic) loss of a pet pretty much immediately upon our return. So we've kinda blocked the trip from our minds for the past 2 months. With news of the terrible forest fires currently in the park I remembered that I took these photos to share...

Back in June my wife entered the Glacier Park Half-Marathon and took 2nd place female in her age group and something like 150 overall out of 1500.

We had an amazing drive along the Rocky Mountain Front from Bozeman to East Glacier and found an empty space at the racer's campground. This Rialta pulled in next to us later at night but we never really got a chance to talk to them. It looked quite roomy though. Sleeping next to the spillway of Two Ocean Lake was quite soothing.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I had time to kill while my wife ran her race (my knee surgeon suggested I give up running when he removed my meniscus - fine with me). So, I found this great dirt road to explore as the sun rose.

After the race ended we hung out a while then went to the Fish Creek Campground inside Glacier Park.

After that we stayed at the Whitefish Mountain Bike Retreat for a couple days of bike riding and camping. It was really great.

Last edited by SCM on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Glacier NP mini-TR Reply with quote

So sorry about your losses! Sad

Nice pics!

Still in the 'hood, by the way, south of Missoula now.

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jackbombay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Glacier NP mini-TR Reply with quote

SCM wrote:

Back in June my wife entered the Glacier Park Half-Marathon and took 2nd place female, in her age group and something like 150 overall out of 1500.

Damn! Dropping hammers! Congrats to her!

I love the lush green of spring/early summer in the Rockies, thanks for the pics Cool

Sorry to hear of your losses :-/

Gas struts to pop your top easily!

Pop Top strut kits now available for late Bay window Westies Smile

Samba ad here.

DIY artificial rain gutters (ARGs)
SCM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Glacier NP mini-TR Reply with quote

jackbombay wrote:

Yeah, it's a re-occurring thing and she's even getting cocky about it! As I was looking for something to anchor a tarp to she called out from the van, "do you want one of my medals for that?".
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Glacier NP mini-TR Reply with quote

Very cool - thanks for the photos. We were just in Missoula last week for a rushed trip due to a death in the family. I found a Vanagon for sale there and called on it but nobody returned the call. I don't need another, but who can really be accurate in saying that, right?

Love the comment on the medal - got an out loud laugh out of me in the middle of a stressful day. Thank your wife for that, please!!

Doug
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
jackbombay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Glacier NP mini-TR Reply with quote

SCM wrote:
jackbombay wrote:

Yeah, it's a re-occurring thing and she's even getting cocky about it! As I was looking for something to anchor a tarp to she called out from the van, "do you want one of my medals for that?".

So good!

Gas struts to pop your top easily!

Pop Top strut kits now available for late Bay window Westies Smile

Samba ad here.

DIY artificial rain gutters (ARGs)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: