Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 424, 425, 426 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
67ctbug wrote:
A custom camper for that much... no way. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2197636

It's a different world on the other side of the pond. I was at the VolksWorld show and saw this and several other restomod campers built by a few companies over there. All were just fantastic, and they sell them for those prices.Pick up a copy of VolksWorld magazine and look in the back for the prices of the campers they have available.
I’ll have to grab a magazine. It just seems crazy that custom stuff can bring that much, but it is a different country.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
babysnakes wrote:
67ctbug wrote:
A custom camper for that much... no way. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2197636

It's a different world on the other side of the pond. I was at the VolksWorld show and saw this and several other restomod campers built by a few companies over there. All were just fantastic, and they sell them for those prices.Pick up a copy of VolksWorld magazine and look in the back for the prices of the campers they have available.
I’ll have to grab a magazine. It just seems crazy that custom stuff can bring that much, but it is a different country.

Although the above bus is a little high, Danbury has conversions BEGINNING at 40,000 pounds. www.danburymotorcaravans.com/ There are other companies.
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
67ctbug wrote:

I still prefer my dented $3100 eBay find over one of those. Dancing

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://nh.craigslist.org/ctd/d/1971-vw-bus-with-campersuper/6660934708.html

So rare that I have one sitting in my back yard...
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Wow that thing is rough... I wonder how long the sliding door has been off.
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

it's sitting in front of a salvage yard and they're so knowledgeable of old VWS they used the rare bumper to pull it off the trailer..

likely paid $250 to the guy who drug it out of the shed/woods.. and want $3400 or it's crushed next Wednesday. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ewdb92
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Well, it only has 34000 miles on it Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I thought this one was a little ironic. Chipped paint , no wipers (and a few other things I didn't snap)
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Can the bay market crash already so I can get one?

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
I thought this one was a little ironic. Chipped paint , no wipers (and a few other things I didn't snap)
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Can the bay market crash already so I can get one?

Pppffft... why didn't you buy Tom Powells from Gary? It was priced very fair. d'oh!

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

If they can't have windshield wipers for 21k asking then why would they bother to fill the chips on "new" paint to prevent the rust and or blemishes? Rolling Eyes

People ideas of valeu are messed up. Idgitots. Eh?

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
bus guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
babysnakes wrote:
67ctbug wrote:

I’ve seen it in person too and it’s still an insane price; just because the owner was probably billed this much for a company to build it, doesn’t mean it’s worth that much. In all likelihood though, there’s a corporate buyer out there who thinks that paying over £50k makes this better than an amazing bus for £25k...
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/d/1975-vw-westfalia-bus/6671135040.html

Not original and this- " Has rust as shown but does not detract from the overall very good condition. " Rust detracts a lot...
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
Collie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I like the rear facing seats!
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:

Not original and this- " Has rust as shown but does not detract from the overall very good condition. " Rust detracts a lot...

The seller must realize the rust is a major detractor, since the pric doesn't seem that out of line for its condition. I bet he gets $9k for it eventually.

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Rusty automatic type 4, sounds like a heartbreak on wheels.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
Rusty

You lost me right there... Wink

airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

The automatic bus transaxles are splendid at reducing 009 flat spots brought on when paired with single carb icing. Just floor it, and the torque converter takes care of the rest!

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

KentPS wrote:
67ctbug wrote:

The seller must realize the rust is a major detractor, since the pric doesn't seem that out of line for its condition. I bet he gets $9k for it eventually.
It needs both dog legs and both rear rockers. I bet $6-$7K.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2208501

Whoa, whoa there on that price Mister. Shocked

I believe it's the highest price I've seen yet for a bay bus.

Collie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 424, 425, 426 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 425 of 490

Jump to: