Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

RevMaster 049 Heads
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you see them as the same castings?& I wonder just how much revmasters did as far as "developement",
Junkyardjockey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would these RM 049 non-ported heads work with a stock 1600DP, flat top pistons, 34pict3 carb & stock heater boxes?? I'm about ready to make the drop on these heads; but I hear there may be issues with using stock heater boxes with larger than stock exh. valves; what's behind that theory?? Should I swap out the hi-rev springs that are in these with stock springs with my stock cam? Thanks!
Ken
Romans 10:9
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MURZI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd keep stock valve size on a 1600(even with a larger cam) Larger valves make the bottom end soggy. Been there done that.
45 Dells
A1 sidewinder
Fk44 cam
Junkyardjockey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmm thanks for the tip Murzi! I def. want 3/4" reach plugs in my new heads; I was considering ACN's L3 heads, but John says the combustion chambers (59cc) are too large in his opinion for a bone stock 1600DP; he suggested having his heads machined to 51cc, what do you think about that? Is there a new head out there now with 3/4" reach plug, small comb. chamber & stock valve size? And thanks again!
Ken
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MURZI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Most smaller builds I use 47-49cc flycut heads to bump compression. Depends on the cam. With a stock cam 51cc would be about right assuming a stock .055 deck.
45 Dells
A1 sidewinder
Fk44 cam
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flycutting the L3 heads are fine.

Or get

http://vwparts.aircooled.net/OEM-VW-35-x-32mm-Dual-Port-Cylinder-Head-EACH-p/oem-cylinder-head.htm

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brian_e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junkyardjockey wrote:
Is there a new head out there now with 3/4" reach plug, small comb. chamber & stock valve size? And thanks again!

I would get these and have them flycut to get your compression right with a .050" deck height. Really good heads for the money. Have them cut for 90.5 when ordering and then run AA thick wall 88mm's that will slip into the stock case.

http://www.aapistons.com/collections/stock-perform...ad-35-5x32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Junkyardjockey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Flycutting the L3 heads are fine.

Or get

http://vwparts.aircooled.net/OEM-VW-35-x-32mm-Dual-Port-Cylinder-Head-EACH-p/oem-cylinder-head.htm

hello again John! I have almost made up my mind to get your heads; about the only really good heads out there with 3/4" reach plug holes & stock valve sizes. Since I won't be able to measure the deck height just yet , I am trying to get as close to stock specs as possible; maybe bump up the CR a little bit & still keep the stock cam, I don't think I need or want more than 8:1 CR. Question for you John: what kind of time frame we looking at here if I order your L3's & have the chambers cut to a particular cc? I would get those heads in that link above if the plugs were 3/4" reach! Thanks again!
Ken
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Head CCing takes 2-3 days.

Do your math with a DH of ~.055". If you are +-.010" it's not a big deal, and won't change the CR enough to be significant. The OE heads are not 3/4" reach plugs, the other ones are though.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Junkyardjockey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John for your help! One other concern I have: your heads have single hi-rev springs; are those going to affect the stock cam, lifters, pushrods & rockers in a negative way? Thanks!
Ken
BajaDirtMx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: RevMaster 049 Heads Reply with quote

Hi Guys!

Any update on this topic?? I´m planning to buy this heads-

http://www.revmasterautomotive.com/product-page/049-echamber-44x37-5-94mm-bore-each

Regards,
<G.A.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: RevMaster 049 Heads Reply with quote

BajaDirtMx wrote:
Hi Guys!

Any update on this topic?? I´m planning to buy this heads-

http://www.revmasterautomotive.com/product-page/049-echamber-44x37-5-94mm-bore-each

Regards,
<G.A.

Why are you ignoring the advice of the pro engine builders from your "cam advice" thread?
You had sound advice from at least three of the people I listen to.
I have no idea about rev-master 049 heads.
But I do know that Tim's head work comes well recommended. They start with an AA 043 blank head and complete the package with their own parts.
https://www.performanceworkshop.net/cylinder-heads
Take a look and then decide.

Good Luck.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: