Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
evillrdnikon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: any recent dealings with jbugs? Reply with quote

Does anyone else have any unbias thoughts about jbugs? I am about to drop $2000+ on parts with them for my complete '73 rebuild and would like to know before hand what im getting myself into(part quality, receiving time frame for parts,etc). any info would be appreciated.
jpjohns
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got their new catalog in the mail the other day. Whats with all the huge price increases?

"Scrapyards are for quitters" - Beetlenut (a Samba member)
kearney_ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They still don't respond to emails... I place and order on Saturday night, no email confirmation from them and when I go into my account I can see the order, so I sent them an email... still no response..

I placed 2 orders last week, had to call to find out what was going on, I don't think I will be ordering from them next time around.
JBUGS.COM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kearney_ghia wrote:
They still don't respond to emails... I place and order on Saturday night, no email confirmation from them and when I go into my account I can see the order, so I sent them an email... still no response..

I placed 2 orders last week, had to call to find out what was going on, I don't think I will be ordering from them next time around.

I am SO sorry to hear that you are having trouble reaching us. I apologize in that for whatever reason this email was either not received, or not responded to in a timely manner. Please feel free to contact me directly. I want to address your concern personally. If you prefer email, I can be reached at [email protected] . If by phone, 1-800-231-1784 ext 112. I am available at this number from 7:00 to 4:00 Pacific Time. If you don't reach me by phone, PLEASE leave a message, I may be on another line assisting another customer. From here on out, a PM on TheSamba should also be a viable way to contact me. If you prefer Facebook- a private message sent at https://www.facebook.com/JbugsVWParts would be fine. I am MORE than happy to assist you in any way I can. I would have checked status already, however I need more information to find your account. I look forward to hearing from you, and thank you for your business.

Jaime Marrison
California/Pacific Jbugs
1-800-231-1784 ext 112
JBUGS.COM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpjohns wrote:
Just got their new catalog in the mail the other day. Whats with all the huge price increases?

Thank you for taking the time to post your personal experiences shopping at JBugs. We value and respect your opinions. Your reviews help us identify problems and gives us the opportunity to better serve our customers. Please feel free to bring your concerns directly to me. I will be happy to assist you in any way I can.

In regards to our recent price increases, we understand your concerns. Our price increases are a direct result from an increase in manufacturing costs. Effective January 1, 2015, the prices we pay for TMI product, and other product throughout the industry increased substantially. On many popular items, our costs for TMI product increased anywhere from 20 to 70%. In response, we purchased a large amount of stocking product at pre-increase prices in order to delay the price increase for our customers for as long as possible. Unfortunately, this price increase could no longer be delayed. We understand that you may be upset by this increase. We are upset about it too. Please be assured that we will continue to do everything we can to keep our prices as low as possible, while maintaining the highest quality and largest selection of aftermarket VW products possible. We are in a constant struggle to attempt to find the best product available. We agree, sometimes the best available may not meet every expectation; but we can say with confidence, the product we are offering is the best that we can find at the time it is offered. Your feedback is a huge part of what drives our quality control, and we sincerely appreciate it.
1-800-231-1784 ext 316
[email protected]
https://www.facebook.com/JbugsVWParts
brotherbob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered from them 2 orders recently not a huge order but a couple of hundred bucks or so each time. I used the free shipping option , I didn't track the days but it seemed like forever I think it was 10 days or more.
The order arrived and I got a deck lid seal instead of a rear engine seal. I did order a hood seal set which is 3 deck lid seals...but I got 4.

I decided to let it go its a very affordable part and probally just a honest mistake. I can use it down the road somewhere...so I made a second order recently.

I ordered on the 3'd, had not seen a shipping email decided to chat with them today and the order was held up waiting on a brake reservoir cap? They did say they would ship short and ship the plug when it comes in.

The experience could have been better and I think I'll order from someone else the next time. Not meant to be horrible review just my experience...
JBUGS.COM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

brotherbob wrote:
Ordered from them 2 orders recently not a huge order but a couple of hundred bucks or so each time. I used the free shipping option , I didn't track the days but it seemed like forever I think it was 10 days or more.
The order arrived and I got a deck lid seal instead of a rear engine seal. I did order a hood seal set which is 3 deck lid seals...but I got 4.

I decided to let it go its a very affordable part and probally just a honest mistake. I can use it down the road somewhere...so I made a second order recently.

I ordered on the 3'd, had not seen a shipping email decided to chat with them today and the order was held up waiting on a brake reservoir cap? They did say they would ship short and ship the plug when it comes in.

The experience could have been better and I think I'll order from someone else the next time. Not meant to be horrible review just my experience...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm afraid the truth is that many recent orders have been delayed as of late. This is due to an unforeseen increase in business traffic. While good for the business, this obviously hinders the shipping process. We certainly appreciate the business, and want to apologize for the delay. As part of our response to the increased traffic, we have also recently upgraded our shipping equipment. An order having been held for a brake reservoir cap is obviously not intended, and I'm afraid I must admit this has been found to be related to our getting the new software "dialed in". We can now proudly say that we are just about back up to full speed and better than ever with the recent upgrades. While, of course there is nothing I can do regarding a past delay, having been sent incorrect parts is something I can fix, and is not something that I want to allow. I very much would like the opportunity to get this corrected as soon as possible. Please do contact me at 1-800-231-1784 ext. 112. My name is Jaime, I am the Sales Manager and very much want to get this taken care of. Thank you so much for your business, it is truly appreciated and again, we apologize for the delay.
1-800-231-1784 ext 316
[email protected]
brotherbob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

JBUGS.COM wrote:
brotherbob wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm afraid the truth is that many recent orders have been delayed as of late. This is due to an unforeseen increase in business traffic. While good for the business, this obviously hinders the shipping process. We certainly appreciate the business, and want to apologize for the delay. As part of our response to the increased traffic, we have also recently upgraded our shipping equipment. An order having been held for a brake reservoir cap is obviously not intended, and I'm afraid I must admit this has been found to be related to our getting the new software "dialed in". We can now proudly say that we are just about back up to full speed and better than ever with the recent upgrades. While, of course there is nothing I can do regarding a past delay, having been sent incorrect parts is something I can fix, and is not something that I want to allow. I very much would like the opportunity to get this corrected as soon as possible. Please do contact me at 1-800-231-1784 ext. 112. My name is Jaime, I am the Sales Manager and very much want to get this taken care of. Thank you so much for your business, it is truly appreciated and again, we apologize for the delay.

I want to thank Jbugs and Jamie for a very quick and easy solution to my problem! They are shipping the correct part from my last order and expedited my current order by shipping 2 day air! Things happen , folks make mistakes. I appreciate the customer service and I will consider Jbugs on my next order.

Thanks also to the Samba AKA Everett for the forum to do this!
BB
BayCreamPuff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

My first experience with them has been great so far. First off they had a part that no one else seems to have in stock in the US (lower brake fluid reservoir for late bay). Ordered it and paid the $7.50 for shipping before remembering I had a bunch of things I was waiting to order from them. I placed a second order for over $100 which gave me free shipping on my second order.

Today I get a notification of a $7.50 refund because they were smart enough to combine my orders for me.

Good preemptive customer service.

Earl Grey
'87 GoWesty 2.2 Westfalia

Marsha Mellow
'00 Eurovan VR6 Full Camper
crankbait09
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

I have yet to purchase anything through JBUGS, but I see that JBUGS has actually started chiming in on a few of the responses in this thread.

Hopefully things gets better
Raceace24
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

I placed an order with them last week on Tuesday or Wednesday - never got an order confirmation e-mail. Thought that was odd because I've been buying online for nearly 20 years and almost ALWAYS get order confirmation emails immediately after placing orders.
Waited two days and nothing. Decided to call them and was assured my order was in process and would be shipped later on that day "FOR SURE" and I'd get a confirmation email "THAT DAY". It was Friday.
Now it's Monday after my work day and........STILL NOTHING.
Called them AGAIN and now am being told "FOR SURE" it'll go out today...
Asked the cust service guy ":WTF happened Friday?" and he claimed he didn't know although I'm pretty sure it was the same guy I talked to the first time....
Welp, no email tonight and the order will be cancelled and never again will I order from these clowns...

Michael E ~ Raceace24
JBUGS.COM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

Raceace24 wrote:
I placed an order with them last week on Tuesday or Wednesday.... -

Thank you so very much for the opportunity to assist in your VW needs. Its evident we missed the mark here, and I wanted to at least be able to apologize personally. I cannot glean enough information from your post to discern your account info or I would have attempted to reach you directly. If you would like to cancel this order, I can assist with this- or if you would allow me to be personally involved to ensure its delivery, I would be more than happy to do this as well. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to do anything possible to meet your needs. Again, I apologize for whatever circumstances have brought us to this point, I hope I can help. Thanks again for the opportunity.
1-800-231-1784 ext 316
[email protected]
onerase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered brake parts 6 days ago, found out today they haven't even been picked and would "maybe ship tomorrow". In the meantime Ive received parts ordered the same day from amazon yesterday.
Im not going to let my car sit in the garage an extra week because Jbugs is "too busy to ship orders".
Called to cancel today and the person who answered the phone could care less about the cancellation or why. Seemed happy about it.
Jbugs doesnt need your business obviously. Reading this thread with all the excuses for late shipping proves that point.
Go elsewhere for parts if you can. If you have to use these guys be prepared to wait...and wait...and wait.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JBUGS.COM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

onerase wrote:
Ordered brake parts 6 days ago, found out today they haven't even been picked and would "maybe ship tomorrow". In the meantime Ive received parts ordered the same day from amazon yesterday.
Im not going to let my car sit in the garage an extra week because Jbugs is "too busy to ship orders".
Called to cancel today and the person who answered the phone could care less about the cancellation or why. Seemed happy about it.
Jbugs doesnt need your business obviously. Reading this thread with all the excuses for late shipping proves that point.
Go elsewhere for parts if you can. If you have to use these guys be prepared to wait...and wait...and wait.

Thank you so much for your feedback, we monitor this closely as it means the world to us. I would like to take a moment to explain how such a thing could happen. Your order was received at 5:47 at night, on Friday. We are closed as of 5:00PM on Fridays, and then for the weekend. Of course we have the business from the weekend to catch up from, so Mondays are technically 3 days worth of business for us. Your order was ready to ship on Tuesday, technically one business day after it was received. Your being located in Hawaii- this also takes extra time to ship as we also have to find an appropriate carrier that can transport your order, at a cost that is reasonable to you. The point is, we gave it our best, and we sincerely apologize for the delay, and that we were unable to meet your expectations. We must admit, we are a VW shop, and not a multi-billion dollar company such as Amazon- we would never state that we were anywhere within the realm of Amazon, we are a VW parts store. I have spoken to the salesman that fielded your call, and I have to say, at least from his side of the story, I must agree, and apologize along with him. If you are requesting to cancel an order, the last thing we want you to feel, is that your money is being held "hostage" or something- we will credit the order as soon as possible as we are people also. It is your right to cancel, and we are not going to argue about it. All in all, the purpose of this response is to say we do in fact care! We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve your VW needs, and apologize that we missed the mark here. Jbugs.com Thanks again for the opportunity.
1-800-231-1784 ext 316
[email protected]
StAcK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

I don't usually waste my time bitching and moaning about a vendor I'll just move on and not give them my business any longer. Since I've some free time because I cant get my engine back together... WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU JBUGS?.

I placed a couple orders totaling a couple hundred bucks on various parts for my wife's '66, a small drop in the bucket compared to the 6K in parts I'm about to pull the trigger on for my Ghia. In my latest order I got a .30mm and .34mm flywheel shim, the .30mm actually mic'd out at .25mm. I notified [email protected] and sent a picture. I only wanted the correct shim sent but I got someone named Jake that wanted to argue with me that the one he had from the same batch measured out at a correct .30mm. I suppose 28 years as an engineer and I still can't use a set of those tricky micrometers. I just wanted the correct $1.95 part that was preventing me from putting the engine back in the car but Jake wanted to tell me I was wrong. Strange way to form relationships with your custoomers. Ticket #DC00059257 if your interested there customer service.

Just ordered the part from RockAuto for $0.70. It's pretty clear Jbugs doesn't want my future business.

Last edited by StAcK on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
StAcK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

StAcK wrote:
I suppose 28 years as an engineer and I still can't use a set of those tricky micrometers.

Or calipers? Wink I'm sorry, I couldn't resist Embarassed
oibovveroi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

Jbugs sent me the wrong item, called and they sent me the correct item same day. Speedy delivery. Can’t complain, professional and polite.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

I haven't had any problems with them. So far. I ordered an Empi T handle shifter and the damn reverse button popped out the first time I put my beetle in reverse. I called them up and they sent a label to send it back to them FedEx. Had my refund in about 4 days. Don't order one of those shifters for a while. Apparently they got a batch of shitty ones. Ive ordered a couple other items from them and they have shipped stuff out to me pretty quick with no foul ups.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Redlabel6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: California Pacific aka J-Bugs - [email protected] Reply with quote

Count me in as one that has received no reply to 2 emails about an order, 2 phone messages where I wanted to buy about $700.00 worth of door rubber.

Business must be so good they don't worry about customer satisfaction or lost sales...

Shocked

d
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: