Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

stop sliding side windows squealing / front seats from wiggling
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldschool84
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: stop sliding side windows squealing / front seats from wiggling Reply with quote

Anyone with a cure for either of these?

I'd like to get rid of the high pitched squeal that occurs when you slide the side windows (the screened ones) open? I thought that putting some vaseline in the track on the lip the window rides on would make it quiet but it did nothing at all. Would like to be able to open the windows without that annoying squeal -

and/or

The two front swivel seats have about an eighth to quarter inch of play back and forth when locked in the forward (or any) position - thinking of shoving something in there that could be easily removed like a dowel to limit the degree to which the seat can wiggle - I find the movement when I get in and out to be kind of annoying

Thanks,
Yellow Rabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: stop sliding side windows squealing / front seats from wiggling Reply with quote

The window screens warp over time and the plastic rubs on the glass making a terrible noise. Remove the screens and lightly sand the edge that touches the glass.

There are supposed to be plastic pieces in the seat tracks. Over time they break or go missing. I believe Vancafe sells them.
cmayna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: stop sliding side windows squealing / front seats from wiggling Reply with quote

My windows were squeaking due to this same issue. I simply got a 1/2" piece of 1/4" clear rubber hose. Slit it lengthwise and positioned it to wrap around the edge of the screen so that the hose is rubbing against the glass instead of the screen.

Craig
spitsnrovers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: stop sliding side windows squealing / front seats from wiggling Reply with quote

For the squealing windows, check that the tiny plastic ends are in the aluminum channel that slides in the aluminum frame. They're on the outside of the window,
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: