Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

performance front end replacements? HELP
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: performance front end replacements? HELP Reply with quote

so im planning my 66 beetle pan and was wondering if their was a "cheap" front end replacement solution. i plan on putting lots of power to this rigg so heavy dosnt matter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: performance front end replacements? HELP Reply with quote

Cheap, no.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mendeola+suspensio...p;ie=UTF-8
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: performance front end replacements? HELP Reply with quote

I wouldn't go cheap. Do it right the first time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: performance front end replacements? HELP Reply with quote

Ok, the. What about a mustang ll front end?
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: performance front end replacements? HELP Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
Ok, the. What about a mustang ll front end?

That would take allot of fabrication to make it work. You would need to make a mounting point for the upper and lower "A" arms.
Plus, for a beetle it would be extremely heavy. High HP or not.

Good Luck.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: performance front end replacements? HELP Reply with quote

Ah. I have plenty of skills for fab and I say hp as in if a heavier subi swap that I've got ready for transplant.
henry roberts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: performance front end replacements? HELP Reply with quote

mitsubishi L300 van front ends were fairly commonly swapped into other cars over here.

never done it or even considered it so i can't help with any details.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: performance front end replacements? HELP Reply with quote

ooooooh, so when i looked up the l300 it actually looks like a much better candidate. thanks
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: performance front end replacements? HELP Reply with quote

Chickensoup,

Just a quick heads up, do not want you to buy my front end if it is to much money, but also don't want you to waist money either.

Keep in mind when thinking of using a front end off of another car like a mustang 2 or other. The geometry of what ever front end you try to use will have been set up for the wheel base, wheel sizes, weight, roll center, center of gravity, and designed with the location of major weight items like engine, trans, passengers, and rear suspension design in mind.

To just pick a car based on if you can fab it into your chassis and make everything work is one of the worse ways you can make a decision on what to pick. Our beloved beetles are like no other vehicle, and the weights, and geometries are far different also.

You are smart thinking about up grading when swapping to a Subaru power plant. We do these all the time and installing a 300hp turbo 4 cylinder into a VW is tricky, in fact it is the reason we designed this suspension and brake packages.

Well just wanted to give you a heads up on the front end search and wish you the best of luck.

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
THE HOME OF STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: