Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wolfsburg West Floorpans - Perfect?
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldBayAlex
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Wolfsburg West Floorpans - Perfect? Reply with quote

I know this is an odd post, and isn't really a "problem" but the project seems too easy.

I'm replacing the floor pans on my '65, got my floorpans from WW, I go to test fit them and I'm expecting to have to cut them and really fine tune the fit. Instead they just slight right in (a little snug). I made a shit ton of measurements before removing the old ones, and these new ones are spot on right out of the box.

Not to be paranoid, but is it really that easy? I know WW has a great reputation, but I was expecting more modifying!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Floorpans - Perfect? Reply with quote

Yup, I hear they're 10/10. I went cheap and had to do a ton of mods to mine.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
hm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Floorpans - Perfect? Reply with quote

I needed some pans and live close enough to drive to WW. So I went and bought these for one of my own cars. Very easy to intsall. The metal is thick and everything lines up.. Also they dont flex when you step into the car like the cheap ones do. I wouldnt use anything else

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TYBUGGER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Floorpans - Perfect? Reply with quote

Mine were the same. Fit almost perfect right out of the box. Trimmed two small areas and dropped right in. Only ones I would buy. Seemed like real good guality
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Floorpans - Perfect? Reply with quote

I have had to trim 2 sets for late model bugs. It is more critical on a convertible. No idea about earlier cars. I wouldn't start welding without test fitting the body first.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
viiking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Floorpans - Perfect? Reply with quote

I installed the WW pans in my 68 totally without modification.

The only difficulty was that the grey paint took longer to remove than any of the other work. Even with paint stripper it was VERY difficult. If I had my time over again I would leave the primer very much alone and paint over the top of it.
viiking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Floorpans - Perfect? Reply with quote

I installed the WW pans in my 68 totally without modification.

The only difficulty was that the grey paint took longer to remove than any of the other work. Even with paint stripper it was VERY difficult. If I had my time over again I would leave the primer very much alone and paint over the top of it.
scrivyscriv
Samba Electrician

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Floorpans - Perfect? Reply with quote

Nothing useful to contribute, but I'm going to get WW pans for my '65 bug too so I'm following here Smile
If you're ever in the Memphis area, you are welcome to stop by for advice and help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheDon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Floorpans - Perfect? Reply with quote

my car has replacement pans that the last owner put in and they are crappy Brazilian pans. I plan on removing them and putting in WW pans. I also have crappy heater channels which I plan on replacing and redoing properly....
johnr156
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Floorpans - Perfect? Reply with quote

Yup mine fit perfect with no mods. I also was paranoid so I dropped my body on to confirm that the mounting holes lined up. Perfect fit.
SdAufKla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Floorpans - Perfect? Reply with quote

FWIW, I only had to do a very slight amount of trimming on the rear, inside corners before my WW floor pans fit my 1970 chassis.

This might have been a factor of how hard it was to remove the original welds in these corners rather than anything to do with the new pans.

I will say that I wish I had removed, sand blasted and reused my original jack points on my new pans rather than used the new ones supplied. The old jack points are much heavier than the new ones.

(I did remove and clean up the original jack points before scrapping the old pans, but by then I had already welded on the new points onto the pans in prep for welding the new pans to the chassis. I'll save the old jack points for another project one day...)

I also removed and reused the old seat tracks on my new pans.

I wouldn't hesitate for a moment buying the WW floor pans again.
TYBUGGER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Floorpans - Perfect? Reply with quote

Have any of you had any problems installing your seats back in with the WW seat rails that came on the pans.
viiking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Floorpans - Perfect? Reply with quote

TYBUGGER wrote:
Have any of you had any problems installing your seats back in with the WW seat rails that came on the pans.

No. Perfect fit.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: