Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

that guide coat brings back memories of intensive labour
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Jaycee did my carbs for 2k. Then I had to have them fixed. I will pass on them. I will look into the other. Thanks.
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Got my center console done. Has spot for phone , 2 cup holders stereo controller. 3 k4 switches for cooling fan, retard and 2 step. Area by back seat for wallet ect.

Will be wrapped to match seats. Color not yet picked out
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Wheels coming off and apart to spay the hoops black chrome.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

this is gonna be a sweet & fun ride!!! Popcorn
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

I love the Console!

Did you sit in the seats and go through the gears to make sure it doesn't interfere with anything? That's one of the nicest designs I have seen. So many others that are handmade are cheesy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

I put seats in it, made sure it sits lower than the seats and that it clears the shifter. It has play to move back if it needs to. The bottom is reinforced with fiberglass. He is also going to soak the entire unit in resin so it will be water proof. He will make the ends once the carpet is done so it fits perfect. This only works if you delete the e-brake. THe cup holders are 15.00 each for nice Aluminum ones.

I gave him 150 for it, he didn't know what to charge me. since the cheese ones are 100+ I thought that was fair.
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Awesome deal!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Some progress made.

Wheels are done being power coated. Trent at BreitHaus Performance in Chino Ca. did an awesome job. 2 day turn around. Did a Liquid Smoke then a clear. Closest i can get to Black Chrome. Need to put the black 12 point bolts in wheel(no more gold bolts)

Before

After looks way better in person

King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Dave had me glass bead the tranny today. He did some work inside for the taller 1st gear and other things he does to the inside. Hoping to start putting it together next week. Folts is always very busy. I will wait, Like I have a choice.. Wink Wink

mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

bee carfull glassing or resion on steel, it will lock moisture in,crack&let moisture in ,release or rust out.... there are better options.
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Tires are mounted torqued the 12point 5/16 bolts to 18 foot pounds with red Loctite

Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

The wheels turned out awesome.

With the new console, any plans for a E-brake? Moving the cable pull or maybe a line lock?
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

I plumbed a push lock e brake inline with rear brakes. It is also a theft deterrent.
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

I've thought about installing a line lock for theft prevention as well.. Not that most theives would want my car Rolling Eyes but the right one would..

This is an awesome build. Thanks for keeping the thread updated so we can follow along!
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

12 point arp style bolts adds a classy gearhead touch to those wheels. Good choice!
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Don’t you just press the brake to release?
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Yes, you press the break down harder and it releases off of the E break, I would guess that a typical thief isn’t that smart and wouldn’t know to try to press the break to get the car to move, but also I wanted it just for the convenience of having a parking break in the car. This car isn’t going to be sitting outside of the movies or anywhere for any duration of time that I cannot see it, they’ll be several different anti-theft devices on it.
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Nowdays a manual transmission is an anti theft device.
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

jason wrote:
Nowdays a manual transmission is an anti theft device.

I know that it keeps my family from driving it!

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 63 Rag Reply with quote

Well the cart full of tranny parts has found it this way into Dave‘s assembly room, I took some pictures while I was there. Also congrats to Dave and Tom, they were testing this last Sunday at Fontana and their new engine went 200 miles an hour back to back with Daniel Folts driving . This was the first full runs with the new setup.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Jump to:
Page 14 of 84

Jump to: