Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1963 Volkswagen Beetle in Turkis
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bird blaster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 Volkswagen Beetle in Turkis Reply with quote

I’ve never worked on cars really before. This was part of the excitement that comes with owning a beetle! Fixed up the fuel filter tonight. Gave it a test run in the garage to test for leaks and then around the block. All seems good!!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bird blaster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 Volkswagen Beetle in Turkis Reply with quote

Got my birth certificate back. Always nice to have confirmation of things. Original motor on board!!!! I've now added a few hundred miles to the original 44960. What a blast! Had a few more things to work such as points adjustment, new fan belt, timing, valves, 4 new spark plugs and I decided to put in now spark plug wires, spacers for Bowden tube, fixed throttle cable and adjusted carb. All of this has been a lot of fun!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 Volkswagen Beetle in Turkis Reply with quote

Exciting stuff on the BC. Its always nice to know that you have a matching numbers car. Cool
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 Volkswagen Beetle in Turkis Reply with quote

MINTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an awesome car. Incredible condition!!! The hood looks good, no need to change it. The documents with the car are AWESOME!!! That means much more than you realize in terms of authenticity, value, etc. Those are prized possessions.

Congrats on your score. That's a fantastic car, year, color...I'm minty green with envy. Enjoy it proudly and welcome back to the air-cooled VW scene. Working on them ourselves is a big part of the hobby.
63 Sunroof Bug, Former Herbie, Dad bought in 66
79 Super Beetle Convertible, OG paint and interior
69 Weekender Bus
77 Bay Window Bus, OG paint
69 Bug Convertible - SOLD
71 Super Beetle Vert - SOLD
64 Karmann-Ghia, barn find - SOLD
vwhelmot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 Volkswagen Beetle in Turkis Reply with quote

Lovely bug 8)
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 Volkswagen Beetle in Turkis Reply with quote

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Best of luck to you with it. I got my Turkis '62 with 37,000 miles 12 years ago, and it's now at 61,000. I just can't stop driving it! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
pdaddy68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 1963 Volkswagen Beetle in Turkis Reply with quote

Great great car ( saying that because I have the same) though yours is far better off. Mine was tinkered on by a young gun trying to make it hip, then it sat in a field for ten years. I just re built steering coupler today and rewired the horn. Just waiting on the steering wheel I ordered. I have saved your pics and will be using them to fix up mine. I’ll be moving my fuel filter as well.
I’m going through a lot of the electrical issues now so if I can help give me a shout.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bird blaster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: 1963 Volkswagen Beetle in Turkis Reply with quote

ThBks for all of the comments!! Great to know there are a few more Turkis friends out there!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: