Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Okrasa Special
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JWDII
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Okrasa Special Reply with quote

Beautiful! and Congrats! been a joy following this thread.
splitjunkie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Okrasa Special Reply with quote

Looks great. I like the Gurney bump on the roof. Did you actually need it or is it just for looks?

You know, a lot of these scratches will buff right out... Jerry Seinfeld
kiwisteve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Okrasa Special Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Yes Gurney bump is indeed needed - it's okay without a helmet but being six foot 4 inches tall, with a helmet I bump the roof! Mad

Now I'm not sure how many of you might want to accept this invitation, but we'll be taking the Okrasa Special back to its birthplace of Martins VW (previously Barnett & Small) to celebrate the car's birth exactly 60 years ago and you're all of course invited. David Small's grandson George is representing the family and we plan to re-enact the run up the Farnham Bypass (now the A31) that David did to test the bare chassis, putting the first 46 miles on the car.

Martins VW have kindly offered to leave the dealership forecourt empty for us to park up classic VW's and Porsches, and they will also clear out the workshop where the car was constructed. If anyone has a black 1950's Oval window Beetle and you would be prepared to bring it I'd be thrilled, so we can replicate this photo, which we think is the original donor car and David's son, so we can bring the car back literally full circle 60 years later. It seems like a fitting tribute to the original designer and constructor of the car...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Martins VW will open the dealership from 8-10am on Sunday Nov 4. Their address is: Volkswagen House, West St, Farnham, Hampshire, GU9 7BG, England. If you do intend to come please let me know here or as a PM so I can give Martins VW some sense of numbers. Many thanks.

Cheers,
Steve
Tanoki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: Okrasa Special Reply with quote

First of all, congratulations on finishing the car, it has been a total blast to follow this!
I really admire how you have kept all things as traditional as possible, well done Sir!

I really hope there will be a great turn up at the dealership, it will be a great celebration to the original builder and the place the car is born.
Good luck with that event!

But most important, enjoy that gorgeous car, you are the best thing that coukd have happend to that rolling chassis!

Cheers.
autohaus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Okrasa Special Reply with quote

see some pics in GERMANY

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tisius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: Okrasa Special Reply with quote

Spotted at Bad Camberg, you couldn't miss it there Cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
autohaus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Okrasa Special Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TRS63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Okrasa Special Reply with quote

Seeing the car in Stuttgart/Bad Camberg was absolutely a blast. What an amazing car, by far my favorite on the all meeting! Loved all the details!

Cheers

Antoine
My 914 restoration&lightweight project :
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9698432#9698432
Resurrecting a 60 ghia : https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=713906
My 52 Standard Zwitter :
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10086685#10086685
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Okrasa Special Reply with quote

i wanna see more Smile any updates?
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Jump to:
Page 30 of 30

Jump to: