Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need Temp II sensor in Alaska
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Need Temp II sensor in Alaska Reply with quote

MidWesty79 wrote:
Where would "general delivery" ship it to?

If you do not have a street address or a Post Office Box you can (usually) use General Delivery. General Delivery means they ship it to the post office. The P.O. holds it until you show up to claim it. Make sure you have some ID. It probably works better in smaller post offices than large ones but I've found it to be very reliable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Need Temp II sensor in Alaska Reply with quote

And if you are 500 miles from civilization you best get this thing ordered so it shows up in Tok Alaska (or wherever) when/if you arrive there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hoody
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Temp II sensor in Alaska Reply with quote

Well they may have all sold by now but I spoke to them several months ago and they purchased the last 50 Genuine Germán Bosch from Germany. I bought one the price was at a premium but they were the real deal.
MidWesty79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Temp II sensor in Alaska Reply with quote

Survived the Dempster. Brutal, brutal drive. No heat in the bus, wind, fog, freezing temps, and more mud than I have ever seen for 1100 miles. I installed an under-the-bus mounted Propex furnace before the trip, but it quickly got full of mud due to the brilliant design of a paper intake hose. Might have ruined a $1000 furnace, yay!

Anyway, pretty sure the issue was the air flow wiper. I took it all apart and cleaned all of the contacts and the bus is running waaay better now.
MidWesty79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Temp II sensor in Alaska Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: