Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brake pedal falls toward driver seat
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
clbarton91
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Brake pedal falls toward driver seat Reply with quote

Had an issue to other day a friend looking at and attempted to mend with explaning much of what the issue was. While checking my brake lights and pumping the pedal the pedal fell towards my drives seat... he since then mended it back but i can tell it is setting maybe 1/2 inch to and inch or so farther towards my seat where it used to sit straight up in line with the clutch pedal. Any advice from anyone about how to permanently fix this issue? Id hate to have an accident because my pedal falls to the floor goong down the road!
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Brake pedal falls toward driver seat Reply with quote

You need to adjust the stop plate behind the pedal cluster, it is bolted to the floor. slowly loosen the bolt (13mm i think?) and slowly pull it forward until both clutch and brake pedals are level and sitting correctly. After doing so you absolutely must ensure that the clutch and brake freeplay distances are in spec, or else you will lock up your brakes and burn up your clutch.

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Brake pedal falls toward driver seat Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

IMAGE NOTE: It has been noted that Chrome based browsers may have issues in displaying my vast image library, which use non-secure links and are on an FTP server. Images should still be viewable if the link is clicked though.
I do not know how to fix this. All I can say is it all works fine for me with what I use, Firefox.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: