Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stainless Ghia bumpers
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

helen_nguyen wrote:
rbsurfguy wrote:
So Helen, after all the complaints people have about your bumpers, mounts not lining up correctly, can you assure everyone that you have corrected this flaw? I am sure many people would love to buy the stainless steel bumpers from you, but don't want to have to redesign them just to fit their car. Have you read through this entire thread about all the trouble people have had? It is one of the longest topics in this forum. Prove you have corrected the design problems and no doubt you will receive many orders. If you want, send me a front bumper for my 71 Ghia and I will test them and let everyone know if they fit or not. Maybe a good way to market them if approved by Samba members.

I sold out VW Karmann Ghia US for many many customers in this month. And I asked them about front bumper. They said that is is okay.

So I don't think my bumper have any problem

So please tell us...WHEN did you make the correction on the angle of the ill-fitting front bumper mount?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

A simple question that never gets answered nor Proven! I would bet the majority of people who have purchased the bumpers have not read this forum, which doesn't prove problems don't still exist.

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
helen_nguyen wrote:
rbsurfguy wrote:
So Helen, after all the complaints people have about your bumpers, mounts not lining up correctly, can you assure everyone that you have corrected this flaw? I am sure many people would love to buy the stainless steel bumpers from you, but don't want to have to redesign them just to fit their car. Have you read through this entire thread about all the trouble people have had? It is one of the longest topics in this forum. Prove you have corrected the design problems and no doubt you will receive many orders. If you want, send me a front bumper for my 71 Ghia and I will test them and let everyone know if they fit or not. Maybe a good way to market them if approved by Samba members.

I sold out VW Karmann Ghia US for many many customers in this month. And I asked them about front bumper. They said that is is okay.

So I don't think my bumper have any problem

So please tell us...WHEN did you make the correction on the angle of the ill-fitting front bumper mount?

I think we should give Ms Nguyen an ultimatum, say, one month to demonstrate that they have made the necessary correction (of which they have known for years by now) and if they should fail to provide the evidence, we should ban them from this site for PERSISTENTLY FALSE ADVERTISING.
Mellow Yellow 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

It probably takes less time to straighten the angle of the bolts on the front bumper than it does to do a post whinging about it
CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

Mellow Yellow 74 wrote:
It probably takes less time to straighten the angle of the bolts on the front bumper than it does to do a post whinging about it

Agreed
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

CiderGuy wrote:
Mellow Yellow 74 wrote:

Agreed

I agree. But why should a 100 customers have to do that when it takes the same amount of time to adjust the jig on which they make this product?

Second point: You lose your consumer laws protection the moment you make adjustments to the product.

The difference between a whinge and a legitimate complaint is that a whinger never suggests a solution. Both MellowYellow and I have suggested solutions here. To no avail.

Here's a third point: What about the unsuspecting buyer who is not on theSamba. How quickly is he/she going to find a solution? (Maybe like me, days of trying to fit the bumper and eventually travelling miles to have a repair job done.)

So easy to fix, and yet we here have a discussion running for years and hundreds of posts. Completely dwarfs the 15 minute fix MellowYellow found and shared.

And that's my whinge for the day.
CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

kiwighia68 wrote:
CiderGuy wrote:
Mellow Yellow 74 wrote:

Agreed

I agree. But why should a 100 customers have to do that when it takes the same amount of time to adjust the jig on which they make this product?

Second point: You lose your consumer laws protection the moment you make adjustments to the product.

The difference between a whinge and a legitimate complaint is that a whinger never suggests a solution. Both MellowYellow and I have suggested solutions here. To no avail.

Here's a third point: What about the unsuspecting buyer who is not on theSamba. How quickly is he/she going to find a solution? (Maybe like me, days of trying to fit the bumper and eventually travelling miles to have a repair job done.)

So easy to fix, and yet we here have a discussion running for years and hundreds of posts. Completely dwarfs the 15 minute fix MellowYellow found and shared.

And that's my whinge for the day.

Quick question: Have you purchased these bumpers? I have and see bending a bolt as nothing compared to everything else I've had to do with my Ghias.
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

Maybe I’m just an idiot but in my opinion stainless steel just doesn’t look as good as chrome. I’m lucky enough to have the original bumpers that came with the car so I sent them off to Advanced Plating for a thorough refurbishment.
$3100.00 US dollars later...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mellow Yellow 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

jeffrey8164 wrote:
Maybe I’m just an idiot but in my opinion stainless steel just doesn’t look as good as chrome. I’m lucky enough to have the original bumpers that came with the car so I sent them off to Advanced Plating for a thorough refurbishment.
$3100.00 US dollars later...

I think everyone would agree that chrome is better than stainless, but stainless is much cheaper than rechroming as what you paid shows.

kiwighia68 wrote:
You lose your consumer laws protection the moment you make adjustments to the product.

I don't think customer protection laws apply when you buy stuff on the internet from Vietnam
NOVA Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

A good rechroming of the original German bumpers (or good originals) will beat the stainless hand down.

However the stainless are pretty close. Most people will see little difference.
Mrfun2fly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

What's the latest on these PTT bumpers for Ghias? I need a front and rear and don't have any good used ones.
NOVA Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

Mrfun2fly wrote:
What's the latest on these PTT bumpers for Ghias? I need a front and rear and don't have any good used ones.

I think you have answered your question. If you cannot source originals then the repros will have to do. Just be aware they will not be a perfect fit at best. Worst case you may need to perform some re-engineering as detailed in this thread.

I found they fit pretty good...and looked great. Needed a little adjustment.
myghiarocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

NOVA Airhead wrote:
Mrfun2fly wrote:

I think you have answered your question. If you cannot source originals then the repros will have to do. Just be aware they will not be a perfect fit at best. Worst case you may need to perform some re-engineering as detailed in this thread.

I agree, just like 98% of any after market part they need tweaking. Nothing to really worry about. I needed bumpers and these look great. Really pretty reasonable pricing for what you get.
Mrfun2fly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

myghiarocks wrote:
NOVA Airhead wrote:
Mrfun2fly wrote:

I agree, just like 98% of any after market part they need tweaking. Nothing to really worry about. I needed bumpers and these look great. Really pretty reasonable pricing for what you get.

That's to hear, what site did you order yours through?
myghiarocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

I contacted Helen through the add here on the Samba.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2133758
Mrfun2fly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

myghiarocks wrote:
I contacted Helen through the add here on the Samba.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2133758

Don't suppose you have the link or her contact info? I found someone on Facebook name Cathy but a little Leary of how legit.

Thanks bud!
myghiarocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

just edited my post with her info
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

Wow! All their bumpers are $0000.00
What a deal!
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

jeffrey8164 wrote:
Wow! All their bumpers are $0000.00
What a deal!

I think that means “contact us and ask the price” or POA “ price on application “
All their bumpers are at that price. They are in Vietnam trading in US dollars but need to convert to Vietnam Duong. Exchange rate fluctuations make it a chore to update everything they have advertised in USD.

KGPR do something similar and have high prices shown for items out of stock.

Nicholas
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
palaken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

Great news for all ! Just installed a set of 69 bumpers from PTT "Helen" and other than minor problems with hardware being short they installed without a hitch. VERY happy with result. No problems with bad front brackets on the outer ends. Everything lined up without a problem. They must have been listening. Contacted them direct and got a great price and they arrived very quickly.

If anyone is interested I have a complete original bumper set. Usable as is but both front and rear center blades are blistered. I will be happy to furnish photos upon request.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Jump to:
Page 36 of 42

Jump to: