Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Reason for researching car history?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Reason for researching car history? Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
Have to be honest, not a fan of what the latest owner of Loof's car had done with it. Confused

Yeah, he’s definitely not respecting the car’s originality/heritage by making it just another poseur stickered, slammed beetle.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.

Last edited by TDCTDI on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: Reason for researching car history? Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
Have to be honest, not a fan of what the latest owner of Loof's car had done with it. Confused

As for the OP, not sure what they expected given what they wrote. Nobody here has to know you personally, we have your words, and what would anybody expect to represent themselves on a forum but their own words? Laughing

For whatever reason, you have a real boner out for me on this one. Not sure why exactly. I simply posted up a question based on some observations lately. For someone claiming to be so easy going and reminiscent of how things used to be with "VW People", you sure are coming at me pretty hardcore over a simple musing question. I'll leave you to it on this one.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Mos6502
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Reason for researching car history? Reply with quote

Of course, it's all on me. Nothing to do with what you or anybody else in the thread wrote. Rolling Eyes A big hint: my first post in this thread wasn't even directed at you, but some other comments made by another poster.

You then responded to it and exposed your true feelings on the matter. Not my fault. Maybe chill out a bit huh? Laughing
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Reason for researching car history? Reply with quote

Is not! Is too! Is not! Is too! Isnot! Istoo! Snot! Stew!

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Reason for researching car history? Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
Of course, it's all on me. Nothing to do with what you or anybody else in the thread wrote. Rolling Eyes A big hint: my first post in this thread wasn't even directed at you, but some other comments made by another poster.

You then responded to it and exposed your true feelings on the matter. Not my fault. Maybe chill out a bit huh? Laughing

I've looked through your posts and you seem to be a shit stirrer as was pointed out by a couple of members that PM'd me. Easier to just block from seeing your posts. Peace out.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Reason for researching car history? Reply with quote

sharp64, does this mean you are no longer interested in the pics of the 60 when it got drug out of Pine Bluffs, WYO in 1996 that I misplaced and have been searching for?
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Reason for researching car history? Reply with quote

60ragtop wrote:
sharp64, does this mean you are no longer interested in the pics of the 60 when it got drug out of Pine Bluffs, WYO in 1996 that I misplaced and have been searching for?

Sure if you want to send. I won't track you down and pester you about them though. Laughing I'll add them to the scrapbook I've started with all the receipts, pictures of when it arrived and birth certificate I just got. Wink
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Reason for researching car history? Reply with quote

60ragtop wrote:

IDGAF whether he wants them or not, I want to see them & the back story on that one. Laughing

iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Reason for researching car history? Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
60ragtop wrote:

IDGAF whether he wants them or not, I want to see them & the back story on that one. Laughing

Me too.
I'm going to be passing through Pine Bluffs in a couple of weeks, and I want to know where to look for hidden treasures.
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Reason for researching car history? Reply with quote

When you get into WYO from the east, exit off I 80 and pick up the latest Traders Shoppers Guide at the TA truck stop. Look in the "on the road section"for bargains Laughing
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: