Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Thank you Mr Breeze, you said what so many of us feel. The years have gone by so fast since he left us. I still do miss him so and I think about him so much, daily to be honest. I look at the pictures on page 44 of Brad in the garage working on a beam, they bring me some joy seeing him working with his hands and doing things that made him happy. These are some great pictures that Sal took so many years ago, I wish he had taken hundreds.
God Bless you all and Merry Christmas
Bradsdad
auslander
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Every time I come accross these pics I'm always in awe of my friend B-Rad. I'm reminded how blessed I was to have him as a friend, how selfless he was, and his inner strength. There was so much going on in his life, we had chatted a bit that week and be told me to come by Saturday to build a beam for my car in the morning. Shortly after getting there in conversation he told me was going in for some cancer treatment on Monday! I was dumbfounded and told him the beam didnt matter and we could do it some other time. He wouldn't have any of it and pressed on. He finished the beam and he said he was glad i came early because he was going to be the best man at a wedding later that day!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

66 POS Bus
69 Class 11 Beetle
71 Cat-Look Beetle
64 Old Skool Baja
74 "Swamp" Thing

!!! F**k Cancer !!!
Time's Tide will Smother You
"You can't throw a rock in Long Beach without hitting a tweaker" Steve Tucci

Last edited by auslander on Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Yup, every time this year I think of Brad. He was definitely the life of the party and had a heart to match his zest for life.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Looking at some of the photos of Brad does my heart good and also brings tears, always will I guess. I think about him many times everyday, I think about the things I taught him, the things he said, the things we did and the things he loved like Volkswagens and their drivers. The photo from hazetguy of Brad standing, wearing his VW jacket. I remember sewing that patch on for him and him saying thanks dad when he put it on and left for a show. Yes some of the memories are sad, but oh so many more are happy and/or just plain wonderful.
Bradsdad
BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Just got back from a 4 day round trip on the Mojave Road, Razor road and the 15 to Laughlin Nevada 100+ miles each way on rough road and back. Pretty tough drive for and old fart like me , , Only two bajas this time, Steve Garcia's and the yellow Bradmobile with TK as a passenger.............both cars performed well...........no troubles. I'm thinking about selling the car as I dont know how many more of these trips I can take. See previous pictures , it's the yellow car
909-597-7607 OWEN
Bradsdad
Bugga
Samba's lil one

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Not a day goes by that I don't think about Brad. Went to black star this year and it was so nice to run into everyone and Owen and see Brad's car again.
BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Ya I'm with you Kacee , everyday I talk to him but only sometimes does he answer back. bummer You take care
bradsdad
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Burger Boy would have been 33 today. Happy B-Day Bradley Smile
BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Well here we are at that time of year again that just breaks my heart and some of yours also. I know Bradley's passing saddens a lot of you folks out there in the Volkswagen world too, December 25th, 7:15 pm 2009 is when he left us, that's eight years now. Goes my quick don't it.? I remember having him on my lap teaching him how to steer the dune buggy when he was three years old, only hit one bush. That was the beginning of his training, eventually he took over driving by himself when he was 8 1/2 years old and from that point you might say he was on a roll. That's the type of kid he was, but I guess you know that. Love and miss you my son.

Bradsdad
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

He always comes to mind every year on this day. I always re-think in my head how that day went down around here. Still miss the crazy lad Smile

Happy holidays all.

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Damm how I love those pictures on page 44 , Sometimes I feel I could open the door to the garage and there would be Brad working on one of his projects. They bring back so many good memories, I am so very proud to have been his father.
bradsdad
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

auslander wrote:
HBB Campout/Offroad adventure is 8 days away!!! I was sorting some of my pics and came across some of B-Rad i thought I would post them up for you guys. The day I took these was the day I realized B-Rad was truly special and a great friend it was forever etched in my mind. Some background… I was full blown in the middle of converting my car into a class11 and knowing B-Rad and his vast knowledge of offroad car’s I would always call him when I had a question or was stuck. I had been trying to get my beam together and had a lot of issues with it, the local guy to me did a terrible job and I was trying to make it work. I called him up and he said “Let’s make this easy take your stock beam out of your car bring it over tomorrow and I will build you one, but you have to bring it tomorrow.” So I got up early Saturday went over to his house, we hit the junkyard to take some parts off a Porsche for his car and went back to his house. So we haul the parts and my beam into the garage and get everything ready to start on the beam, and then he tells me “ I wanted you to come over today because I found out I got cancer and im going in on Monday to get treatment, I want you to get your car rolling .” I was stunned felt like I got kicked in my stomache, I told him that my beam could wait and he wasn’t having it. We talked about what he was going through and made quick work of the beam that day. He had me document the whole process of building the beam as he wanted to put a thread up on building a beam to post on this site. I just couldn’t believe with everything he had on his plate that he would add my pos beam to it

Bump for the homie!
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Brad's pictures moved closer, I love it and I love him. I love you Brad and I always will................Dad
bradsdad
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Brad had a funny side to him. He used to kick me out of the chat as soon as I appear. He would PM and say he was sorry -could not resist he would say.

He asked me how to remove the cable from a Berg shifter. So I told him. Then he booted me. Laughing

I see him in the pics and he reminds me of my own son. He is almost about that age. I wish I could spend every moment w/ my son but his school, work and many things get in the way. But I make every effort to be there for him.

God Bless.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Happy Bday Burger Boy, we miss you down here
BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Happy 34th Birthday Brad

I love you, I miss you and I remember all the good times
bradsdad
auslander
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Happy B b-day B-Rad!!!

66 POS Bus
69 Class 11 Beetle
71 Cat-Look Beetle
64 Old Skool Baja
74 "Swamp" Thing

!!! F**k Cancer !!!
Time's Tide will Smother You
"You can't throw a rock in Long Beach without hitting a tweaker" Steve Tucci
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

Another year without our friend. Gonna be on the road all day tomorrow but like every year Brad will be in my thoughts. Maybe a little more this year since we just lost Swap also. Happy holidays everyone on here and up at the big VW show in the sky.

Never to be forgotten.

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
BradsDad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

It will be nine years on Christmas day since we lost Brad. Nine years...........Dammm. I still miss him so... God bless you my son
bradsdad
DubStyle
SBS Hit Squad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009) Reply with quote

While I was home recovery from surgery, I was going through movies on my HDD. I came across the video from his funeral. Good people taken way too soon. You aren't forgotten brother!

SBS #1
SBS #1 on FB

"The original & best lowered Split Bus website/club"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next
Jump to:
Page 75 of 78

Jump to: