Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Don's Bus Box Peoria, AZ - donson - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Viewing feedback for: donson
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 19, 2024
Bill Taylor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Dons Bus Box Reply with quote

dsrace...thank you so much for your input. Actually we havnt even opened the units up, im going to let a pro tranny builder
do that and document what he finds. When the 1st tranny tried jumps out of 2nd gear from the 1st shift, and then the 2nd one from Don wont even go into reverse and we couldnt get it into 3rd or 4th gears either, would YOU want to send them back to Don for more repair. I doubt it. I know Don says that he doesnt deal with problems in The Samba forum.....but when you find so many buyers that have had serious problems with Don's work, any way to inform buyers of these problems is ok by me. I certainly hope the BBB in the state of Arizona reads this feedback and takes care of my problem properly. Anyone with other problems with Don's Bus Box, please go to [email protected] and let her know what horribly shoddy work this company does and the hardship placed on small shops that have to go thru all the crap I am doing now. I just need Arizona to take this and other complaints about Don and do the right thing. I can certainly see why don doesnt deal with his problems on a public forum Sad
masterfrabr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to see how long Don has been up to no good? This is the beginning of my "education" about Donsbusbox. Lots of info.

http://www.dtsfab.com/index/index.php?topic=445.0
dsrace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Dons Bus Box Reply with quote

Bill Taylor wrote:
dsrace...thank you so much for your input. Actually we havnt even opened the units up, im going to let a pro tranny builder
do that and document what he finds. When the 1st tranny tried jumps out of 2nd gear from the 1st shift, and then the 2nd one from Don wont even go into reverse and we couldnt get it into 3rd or 4th gears either, would YOU want to send them back to Don for more repair. I doubt it. I know Don says that he doesnt deal with problems in The Samba forum.....but when you find so many buyers that have had serious problems with Don's work, any way to inform buyers of these problems is ok by me. I certainly hope the BBB in the state of Arizona reads this feedback and takes care of my problem properly. Anyone with other problems with Don's Bus Box, please go to [email protected] and let her know what horribly shoddy work this company does and the hardship placed on small shops that have to go thru all the crap I am doing now. I just need Arizona to take this and other complaints about Don and do the right thing. I can certainly see why don doesnt deal with his problems on a public forum Sad

I have said it for a couple years now, more people need to speak up about this builder as to their experiences. I'm betting your trans builder will hit the floor when he see's the inside! the last guy I knew that bought one of his $3200 sand trans had been told by don that the oe r&p was stronger than weddles, that is bs and don has to knows it, but for $3200 he doesn't include the weddle r&p. oe is only good for 140 ft lbs of tq if it's a good one!! and that's only if the trans is properly rebuilt. this guys trans had an oe pinion bearing that was still full of sludge, a pinion nut that wasn't tq'd down and he used rtv gasket sealer instead of locktite plus no gaskets rather silicone instead. trans wouldn't shift 3rd or 4th and the list goes on. this guy did call and nothing came of it so he moved on and I bet there are plenty of others that have had this same experience.

really sorry to hear of your troubles but thanks for posting for everyone to learn from!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
masterfrabr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying get the word out but,like so many things in life, everyone wants to believe people are honest and do things to the very best of their ability without any misleading statements. To get a pic of the inside of donsbusbox" $3895 VW 091 SUPER PRO MAX VW Transaxle Transmission Sand Rail" .
F ollow this link to the advertisement on Ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-091-SUPER-PRO-MAX-VW-Tr...7035314185

It shows his "aluminum supercase" and it's "reinforced pinion bearing bore. Enlarge the 3rd pic from the left. It's not,IMO ,reinforced. It's a SLEEVED bore held in with screws. IMO, it is a repaired case due to a damaged bore. Also IMO, that does nothing but weaken the case just so donsbusbox can sell an otherwise useless piece of scrap as a "supercase". Then look at the crud inside the case. Don has repeatedly stated that he now has a soda blaster and soda blasts his cases . The thing should look like NEW inside and not like a solvent rinsed case. Apparently he just blasts the OUTSIDE after assembled to fool unsuspecting customers. Typical of Don. If that were not true WHY would he post pics of a dirty "Supercase" ????????? Read closely and see other places in the ad that are "misleading". He clearly states all Weddle gears. The things have USED STOCK R&P's in them. Let's seeeeeeeee................$3895 + $1000 for a Weddle R&P= MORE THAN A TW and nearly as much as the full tilt,all new components Weddle. All in all a very bad deal for any unsuspecting chumps like I was. Don is a snake. All there is to it.
dsrace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all weddle gears includes the r&p to most everyone! so yes that is misleading.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Bill271
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pinion bore is i think done by erco, if not he copyed it. I know ercos bore sleeve does work, as far as everything else, i could build the same box for 1800. it sucks they took the pics down

weddle's r/p are klinkenburg cut and are the strongest out there sorry NOBOBY can beat them
masterfrabr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice anything missing?????? Donsbusbox at it's finest. These 2 pics are from immediately after removing the nosecone . It clearly shows the absence of the crescent key that prevents the bearing from spinning in the case. The other pic shows the absence of the 2 springs and bracket that centers the shift bar. thumb down thumb down thumb down thumb down. Then there's the completely fubar reverse gear he put back in it. Pic is poor. I'll put up a better one.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

masterfrabr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what SHOULD be inside an 091 .

Would YOU be happy seeing this BS?????????

(Pics from Long Enterprises)

Last edited by masterfrabr on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
dsrace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is inexcusable workmanship!!!!! and how many others has he sold with worn out parts at high dollar prices then told well it broke cause you abused it when in reality it broke because it was not built properly!!
kevinhosp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don bought a 5 rib from me. He paid me fast and emailed me a prepaid ups tag to ship the transmission to him. He was easy to deal with
stede
Samba Member

Location: Buckeye,AZ by way of El Sereno Rifa, Sur Califas 13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is bad for business. I just had purchase a stock swing axle transmission and it was junk. I had to return it due to flaws in workmanship . I should of read these posting first before I bought one. Lucky I got my money back but I had to mention that I was going involve the Better Business Bureau. Never going back to him what so ever !
Trideet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Great product/Great Price/Great/Service Reply with quote

Got my daughter an 85 weekender for HS graduation. Clutch failed right before the big summer trip and since the tranny 3rd gear syncro was going anyway, I opted to replace tranny while it was out.

Couldn't see $1500 plus when Don's prices were good so I gave him a shot.

He worked very fast to get the new tranny to my door and was available for tech support as I did the swap. First time job for me. Finished up the night before she left and the van made the journey without a hitch.

3 months down the road, new tranny works great and at half the price of the other options. I wasn't looking for showroom perfect, just to get "Marge" back on the road for my daughters trip.

Did have one warranty issue that Don handled quickly and professionally.

Highly recommend Don's Bus Box if you are looking for a good rebuild and good service at a reasonable price. He is gruff, but a stand up guy.
bwilli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Don gave me quick total refund Reply with quote

I was not happy with the transaxle I received. Don paid shipping return and refunded my entire purchase price immediately.
pantone149
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Don's Bus Box Peoria, AZ - donson - [email protected] Reply with quote

I had to have my trans that Don's rebuilt fixed by another shop. Needless to say paying twice for a rebuild was not pleasant. The shop that fixed Don's work is Ron's Transaxles in San Pablo, CA. I highly recommend Ron's.
Cougar Carl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Don's Bus Box Peoria, AZ - donson - [email protected] Reply with quote

Man. Bought a 2nd hand rebuild engine from them. Thing was still in their crate. Blew oil out the rear crank since day one. Tried a remote breather from the valve covers. No good. Total of 40 miles on the engine. Took it to a shop number 3 cylinder has extreme blow by and the high flow oil pump is cracked at the return line. Block is shot. Messaged them and they told me I overheated it. Not sure how that happened when I drove it to and from work 2 times. Never over 50mph. Shady ass company. Glad I figured this out on a good deal rather than if I laid full retail.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: