Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Speedwell Ratio Rockers
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freeform Metal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Speedwell Ratio Rockers Reply with quote

I have purchased a set of ratio rockers from Speedwell. But I need to decide between 1.25 or 1.4. I'm building a 36hp Okrasa motor. I already have a set of Speedwell valve cover so clearance shouldn't be an issue. I'm not looking to get crazy with the motor. I will be using an Okrasa crank also. Can anyone give me feedback on what might work best? I'm leaning toward 1.4, but I don't know if that will bring any build challenges.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell Ratio Rockers Reply with quote

What cam? Deck hieght? etc

On a stock cam/head engine the 1.4痴 should be ok, but if you change the stroke, cam, deck height you値l need to measure your valve to piston clearance

You値l probably need to lengthen your pushrods to get the correct rocker geometry...WW sells extensions
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Freeform Metal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell Ratio Rockers Reply with quote

I should clarify that I知 not building the motor. I don稚 have a cam yet. But will probably go with a performance cam. The Speedwell ratio rockers are in stock so I wanted to buy a set before they are not available. I知 trying to collect most of the parts before the engine is built. After I bought them Ray emailed me asking which ones I want. So I知 hoping someone can school me on the difference.
gimmesomeshelter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Speedwell Ratio Rockers Reply with quote

You need to pay special attention to not binding the valve springs. If .4" is all the lift you can get, the 1.25:1 springs will work with cams that lift up to .320". If you use the 1.4:1 rockers, you're cam can't have lift greater than .285". I'm planning on having a custom cam ground anyway, so I purchased a set of 1.4:1 rockers.

Cheers,

Paul

Richard Feynman
Freeform Metal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell Ratio Rockers Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. It's helps to hear what others are using in there builds.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: