Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Home Page Featured Ads- Auto Refresh
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
theastronaut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Home Page Featured Ads- Auto Refresh Reply with quote

A few times lately I've logged in and spotted a featured ad on the home page that I'm interested in looking at but it dissapears before I can click on it. Then I have to go through all of the featured ads to find it.

Instead of all three rows of the featured ads refreshing at once, would it be possible for them to "scroll" downward, where the top row or two drops down and a new 1st/2nd row appears? That would give us more time to see and click on an ad, but new ads would appear constantly as well.

Just a thought, don't know if anyone else would think it's a good idea.

'64 Beetle Sunroof OG Bahama Blue
'63 Beetle Vert
'66 Beetle
'88 Festiva L
'89 Festiva L
'64 Chevy C10
'66 Chevy C10
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Home Page Featured Ads- Auto Refresh Reply with quote

Open to opinions on this...

If you know it was a Bug/Bus/etc. you can also open the Bug/Bus vehicle section and it should be right on top.
This would make it easier to locate one you missed.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Home Page Featured Ads- Auto Refresh Reply with quote

Late to the show, but: it's funny, I never noticed the 15-second interval for flipping the ads until I started visiting the site with my mobile device. And until I just read this post, STILL did not realize that they're flipping while viewing on my desktop. That said, I'll just add that it drives me batty; mainly for the reason that the OP stated, but also because I like to scan the ones that do appear on initial login...and while I'm reading, POOF, they're gone.

This contrasts with the pane on the left which features a vehicle in the Classifieds, and the latest Gallery entry: those are fixed during a session (or so I think).
Anyhoo, I got no suggestions (other than disabling the flipping action), just venting.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: