Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What size wheels are these?
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gipsy_Danger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: What size wheels are these? Reply with quote

Was browsing pictures and saw a picture of this bug and really like the stance / wheel and tire offset. It appears the rear wheel is larger than the front?

And yes, the red circles appear to be photoshopped on, but the wheels appear to be real.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What size wheels are these? Reply with quote

Just a guess but these are either Porsche or an aftermarket wheel designed for a Porsche such as a BBS wheel. Size looks like 18”x 10” rear and 8” wide for the fronts. Offsets for late model Porsche wheels are around et 50-50mm. Tire size is probably 255/35 rear and 225/40 x 18” front.

I believe the fenders maybe wider than stock but hard to tell from only this one pix but the running boards look to be wider.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ROSCO320
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: What size wheels are these? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Anyone any idea how I go about achieving this wheel/tyre and fender look?? Stunning but I don't have a clue where to start??
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What size wheels are these? Reply with quote

If I had to guess I would say you’re looking at CreativeCraft 3” wide rear fenders. I have their 1.25” wide fenders on my 67 with 18”x9” wheels on the rear with 245/35 tires. Those rear wheels are definitely larger....I would guess at least 20”x9” and the tuck appears to be a swing axle chassis. These are not Porsche wheels but maybe some type of billet wheel and the lug pattern is probably a Ford or Chevy since Porsche uses a larger 5x130mm bolt circle....looks to be too small however the larger wheel may just make it appear this way.
The question is what does the front look liked? I would suggest getting a pix of the entire car.....you may not like the overall look with 3” wider front and rear fenders which can often make a beetle look out of proportion if not done right.

Google “German Look VW” and you will see many examples of beetles with 18” wheels under stock or slightly wider fenders for comparison.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: