Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2002 Eurovan MV not starting...
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wazukaman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: 2002 Eurovan MV not starting... Reply with quote

Hi - looking for any ideas on how to solve a no start issue with my van...here's my story:

Van was running fine (no codes, etc), until i went to start it about a week ago (after having driven it just the night before) and got a "click" when turning the key. Tried this several times with the "click".

All of the connections seemed fine to the starter (checked w/a voltmeter), battery was ok (even used a jump starter to no avail), so I tapped on the starter solenoid a bit. After trying this a couple of times, it turned over and started - so I was convinced I just needed a new solenoid/starter. So I go to start it the next day (prior to installing the new starter), after some more tapping on the solenoid, and it would turn over - but would not fire up. Also, the "click" was becoming less frequent at this point.

At this point, I was not convinced it was just a starter/solenoid issue, but since I had it on hand, I installed it anyway. Prior to doing this, verified that the fuel pump relay was ok (I had an issue with this before). Also, note that I kept the old starter shaft bushing in the trans (it was in good shape - could not see any difference in inner bushing diameter between the new one and the existing one in the trans). Anyways, the new starter didn't help - the starter turns over great, but the van still is not firing up. In addition, an engine code has popped up (P0261 - cylinder 1 injector circuit low). It does seem to want to fire up after sitting overnight on the initial attempt, but after this initial try it goes back to simply turning over.

Long shot here - anyone have any ideas of simple things to check next?

Thanks!
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 2002 Eurovan MV not starting... Reply with quote

Sounds like you solved a no crank issue and are left with a no start.

The ignition key is the common item here. I would try jumping it if you are proficient with wiring.

You need to measure fuel pressure at the fuel rail to confirm fuel delivery. The relay is a small part of this System. Buy or rent a fuel pressure gauge from AZ
wazukaman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 2002 Eurovan MV not starting... Reply with quote

thanks - will be digging into that next (with some help)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: