Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eurovan Roof Vent - Needed / Suggestions?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfdc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Eurovan Roof Vent - Needed / Suggestions? Reply with quote

Hi Samba Eurovan Folks:

I own a 1995 Eurovan Camper. The EV campers have a roof vent that can be manually popped open. Ours had an unfortunate run-in with a low parking garage ceiling, so we are on the hunt for a replacement.

Anyone have a EV camper they are parting out from which we might be able to buy this part? Our EV conversion is a Winnebago, so I believe any Winnebago conversion years would work.

Anyone else had to navigate this issue? Alternative suggestions?

Thanks and kind regards!
-David
saintjobe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Roof Vent - NEEDED / Suggestions? Reply with quote

Hi wolfdc, my '02 roof vent does not work either. (it was taped shut when I bought it) I have spent a lot of time looking for a new one, and the best I have come up with is that Go Westy told me that they are working on producing and aftermarket one that will replace what we have. They told me they hope to have it out in the next six months. He suggested I sign up for Go Westy newsletter and read it to see when it is rolled out. I hope I was given accurate info, and I hope it is a nice product whenever it finally shows up on their website. Hope this helps... If you have come up with something else, I'd love to hear about it!
1961tbird
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Roof Vent - NEEDED / Suggestions? Reply with quote

Further update:

This information is accurate. We are designing a replacement skylight for the Eurovan that will be very similar to what you have now. We are checking different material types before making a final decision and going into production. We should have this to offer in 4-6 months, barring no manufacturing delays. Thanks!

Mike Wiehl
Sales Manager
GoWesty Camper Products
1119 Los Olivos Ave.
Los Osos, CA 93402
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rhino4
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Roof Vent - NEEDED / Suggestions? Reply with quote

Hello 1961tbird,

I'm also in the market for a replacement roof vent for my 2001 Eurovan Camper. Has GoWesty started production of these parts? I couldn't find it on the website, but am hoping I just missed it.

Thanks for the update.
1961tbird
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Roof Vent - NEEDED / Suggestions? Reply with quote

I haven't heard anything yet from GoWesty

Stephen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ominge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Roof Vent - Needed / Suggestions? Reply with quote

FYI - GoWesty’s skylight replacement is available.
https://www.gowesty.com/product/parts-hardware/25326/skylight-roof-vent-cover?v=

I’m needing to replace the latching mechanism, which is part of the frame itself and had broken off with previous owner. I was able to get this from someone parting out their van. The latch on the replacement one I have has a weak spring though, so going to check around for a way to replace just the spring.

I have a 95 EVC Winnebago camper conversion.
1961tbird
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Roof Vent - Needed / Suggestions? Reply with quote

Good to hear! If anyone buys this GoWesty product, please post a review!
st.pauli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Roof Vent - Needed / Suggestions? Reply with quote

... ours got quite soft in the sun, so it popped up on itself during the daytime in summer (some kind of automatic ventilation ;(. They used a different material than Winnebago, so it doesn't break, but in my opinion it is not stiff enough.
dazey77
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Roof Vent - Needed / Suggestions? Reply with quote

I have posted it before but I used a Lewmar low profile marine hatch for mine
http://www.dazedproductions.co.uk/Vanity/uncategorized/roof-vent/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Trabuco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Roof Vent - Needed / Suggestions? Reply with quote

dazey77 wrote:
I have posted it before but I used a Lewmar low profile marine hatch for mine
http://www.dazedproductions.co.uk/Vanity/uncategorized/roof-vent/

How thick of a carbon plate did you use to mount the vent to the roof?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: