Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bus hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 906, 907, 908 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
silkvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Interesting barn find article in Hot VW's Oct. issue p. 76.
16 VW's, at least 6 are split window buses. Small town in Alabama.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=641871&highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Trevor P
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Picked up these two this year. Aug 58 white pressed bumper logoed single and a 59 SWR panel with painted over logos.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

70 911T
91 Westy

Last edited by Trevor P on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

that single looks pretty good. press bumper buses do it every time

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

so today in bus hunting history, I hunted this bus, but someone else bagged it. Who is the lucky new owner?

VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Wow. Double door 1960 15. That is a nice find.
Sucks you missed out Lind.
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

whoa! Shocked
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
Oh well, someone has to be stoked to get it, and I am happy for them. Hopefully they will save the original paint. Supposedly going to new york, but the flipper who was selling it seemed less than honest to me. I don't think that he wanted to admit to me that he took a higher offer after he agreed to sell it to me for a high price that was higher than his listing price, which was high. These silly vans.....
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

that sucks! DD 15 window hot damn
turkis-deluxe
Samba Security

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
EmpiGT wrote:
Oh well, someone has to be stoked to get it, and I am happy for them. Hopefully they will save the original paint. Supposedly going to new york, but the flipper who was selling it seemed less than honest to me. I don't think that he wanted to admit to me that he took a higher offer after he agreed to sell it to me for a high price that was higher than his listing price, which was high. These silly vans.....

Damn that blows Lind.....i would have bought it off you for an even higher price!!!
type241
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

What's the story behind the find/hunt Lind?
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Sheesh. Don't say it had the double flipper middle seat. How would you have dealt with staring at the non existant paint parts?
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Whoa.
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

type241 wrote:
What's the story behind the find/hunt Lind?
Not all that exciting. It popped up on los angeles craigslist, and a buddy of mine turned me onto it. I was first in line, the flipper said more people were calling offering more money, so he upped the price, then he claimed the deal fell through and he couldn't get the bus to begin with. I figure that he just went with a high offer. There were plenty of phone calls as he slowly flaked out. I was set to buy a plane ticket and fly in tonight to make the deal. I'm not particularly surprised if a random craigslist flipper decides to take higher offers and maximize their profit. I don't really care if I miss any bus because there are so many more out there. I wish these things were worthless again. When I got into this hobby, that bus would be a $500 car on a good day. Near impossible to find that particular model, but $500 when you did find such a bus.
type241
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

How much was that $500 DD 15W listed for?
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
so today in bus hunting history, I hunted this bus, but someone else bagged it. Who is the lucky new owner?

So, there is another one of these? Or is this the same one that has been long known and it just again resurfaced?
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Lind wrote:
So, there is another one of these? Or is this the same one that has been long known and it just again resurfaced?
this one was previously unknown. Nine days later in production from the one you are thinking of.
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

type241 wrote:
How much was that $500 DD 15W listed for?
listed at 39K
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Lind wrote:
this one was previously unknown. Nine days later in production from the one you are thinking of.

So that makes what, four known to exist like this?
Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Lind wrote:

I believe this would be number 6 known? One from Id. is on road, living in Ca. or AZ...how? Someone knows.

Amazing Bus!

"No, I do not own a bleepin' leaf blower"

--
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Long-roofs wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Lind wrote:

I believe this would be number 6 known? One from Id. is on road, living in Ca. or AZ...how? Someone knows.

Amazing Bus!

There was an original paint nice SWR/BG DD 15 in the high desert that sold to Japan in 97 or so. Brian Simmons in Victorville used to own. Sold at Pomona for $7500 which was A LOT back then.
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 906, 907, 908 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Page 907 of 990

Jump to: