Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Your all-time favorite movie
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

cloud atlas,Jeremiah Johnson is a good one,as is the red one in October..and legends of the fall,along with that knights tale& shakspear in love with the unforgeven...But for my all tyme favorite...Im still waiting. theirs still hope a good one will be made again...little hope, but it's still hope. you never know they may just suprize us with something like..the kardashieans life story in the last 3 min,before their suicide pact is completed...I guess that would be too much to ask and really would only last 2 min. but what a 2 min it would be!!!oops sorry for the wishfull thinken..that still wouldent be a good movie.

Last edited by mark tucker on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Eraserhead

Never has a movie made me utter WTF more times than this one.

Link

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
you never know they may just suprize us with something like..the kardashieans life story in the last 3 min,before their suicide pact is completed

BWAHAHAHA!

That would be better than watching the mother drop McCaulay Culkin off the cliff in The Good Son, if only it were real.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Mal evolent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

The Harry Potter movies on Thanksgiving day
The Die Hard series on Christmas day.

Congo, Jumaanji - both Mork & Rock versions

Baja Bugs for Volkswagen Virgins: Index
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Big Fish

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
Jeremiah Johnson is a good one,as is the red one in October..and legends of the fall,along with that knights tale& shakspear in love with the unforgeven...But for my all tyme favorite...Im still waiting. theirs still hope a good one will be made again...little hope, but it's still hope. you never know they may just suprize us with something like..the kardashieans life story in the last 3 min,before their suicide pact is completed...I guess that would be too much to ask and really would only last 2 min. but what a 2 min it would be!!!oops sorry for the wishfull thinken..that still wouldent be a good movie.

It’s official, you nailed it.
Since my personal favorite of all time is lost to me on the first page, go figure.

Have at it.
May as well discuss good shows.

Over time I’ve learned that great stars, directors can be hidden in unheard of movies and really surprise you.
Latest was the movie fences.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

I added cloud atlas to my list,it's a little different and needs to be seen 20 times, at times it seems to elude me.then there it is.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
at times it seems to elude me

No comment !!!
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
mark tucker wrote:
at times it seems to elude me

No comment !!!

Dude where’s my car?
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
I added cloud atlas to my list,it's a little different and needs to be seen 20 times, at times it seems to elude me.then there it is.

I’ve seen inception that much, now it’s old hat. I know the cloud atlas theme, Green Darkness is a great book of that theme.

A note on time travel and alternate reality since tucker seems to get it.
While the arcane sciences are busy trying understand string theory, there is no such animal.
Clearly reality has to have two systems of laws, atomic laws and nuts and bolts laws for everything else.
Why would one need to move their body through time when their mind does it constantly?
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

The Revenant. Great start to finish.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

A Bronx Tale.
Listen to me, kid. If she doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in, that means she's a selfish broad and all you're seeing is the tip of the iceberg. You dump her and you dump her fast. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

I've posted my Favorite Movie here before, but now I'm going to twist the thread with "TV Movies"

Hot Rod 1979 (TV Movie) Greg Henry plays Brian Edison who builds up and races a '40 Willys Coupe
The California Kid 1974 (TV Movie) Martin Sheen plays Michael McCord who comes to town to find out what happened to his Brother, who died in a car accident.
Birds of Prey 1973 (TV Movie) David Janssen plays Harry Walker a former fighter pilot now working as a radio station traffic reporter witnesses a bank robbery. He chases down the bank robbers and a hostage in his helicopter.
Duel (TV Movie) 1971 Dennis Weaver plays David Mann, a business commuter is pursued and terrorized by the malevolent driver of a massive tractor-trailer.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

For TV movies, Duel is also amongst my favorites.

Another, off the top of my head, is Trilogy of Terror (1975) with Karen Black, especially the voodoo doll sequence.
doregan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Not necessarily a favorite, but RAW is awesome for a new twist on horror/sci-fi. In french with English subtitles. I actually received some critical acclaim. Should be available on Netflix.
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

If you can find it, which will be next to impossible, check out a TV movie that NBC aired back in the 80s called "Under Siege" (years before the Steven Segal movie with the same title came out.) Starred Peter Strauss, but had some other big names in it like Hal Holbrook, Paul Winfield, Barry Corbin etc. Bob Woodward (yes THAT Bob Woodward) wrote the story and screenplay. In a nutshell, film is about terrorists that attack the US on its own soil- talk about prophetic- this film came out in 1986.
I remember it because the majority of it was shot in my home town of Little Rock Ark- the Arkansas Gazette newspaper offices subbed for the FBI offices and they shot a rocket launcher missile into our state capitol building using it as a stand-in for the national capitol (they look very much alike.) Bill Clinton (our then governor) was pissed that they left a scorch mark on the capitol dome and made the crew come back and clean it off. Very Happy
But aside from all that, the story is REALLY good, lots of tense scenes especially for a made for TV movie, and makes you wonder why a journalist for the Washington Post knew more about what threats could potentially happen within our own borders than the FBI.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092132/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

EDIT:
The whole film (in crappy VHS format) is available on youtube:

Link

Capitol building attack scene at approx 1hr mark

1600 SP engine
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

Guys going through a divorce with kids need to watch Louie CK, it’s tough love.
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

- toss up for me - 2 favorites:
Billy Jack
Last of the Mohicans... saw that in 1992 - the last time, I went to a movie theater, in NJ
11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

ZENVWDRIVER wrote:

Last of the Mohicans... saw that in 1992 - the last time, I went to a movie theater, in NJ

Can't go wrong with DDL!

1600 SP engine
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Your all-time favorite movie Reply with quote

There has been at least four versions of that movie
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: