Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The dumbest thing you ever did in your VW??
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The dumbest thing you ever did in your VW?? Reply with quote

me.. do something dumb?......thats so funny!!!!whooda thunk it!!!
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: The dumbest thing you ever did in your VW?? Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
me.. do something dumb?......thats so funny!!!!whooda thunk it!!!

No comment.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: The dumbest thing you ever did in your VW?? Reply with quote

In high school in the early 80s my buddy (first of us to get his license as he was a year older) got his Dad's hand-me-down late 60s Bug. Savannah Beige with metal crank sunroof.

We were notorious for boozing it up and such, and his Dad happened to be the pastor at our church...and he was a staunch anti-booze guy. So we got busted all the time as he'd find our stash in the car.

So one Saturday we got creative. We took the windshield washer bottle out and cleaned it out. Then we got an 8 foot piece of clear tubing at the hardware store and connected it to the bottle and ran it under the trunk liner to the corner of the glove box. Took a pocket knife and drilled a little hole in the back corner and stuck it through. Then wrapped a rubber band around it so it wouldn't fall back through into the trunk.

We filled it full of Vodka and put a tad of blue Kool-Aid powder in it so it would look like windshield washer fluid.

We had a long enough tube we could pass it back around the back seat and hit the washer button. Then push it back through the hole and close the glove box.

His Dad looked, and looked, and looked and thought he knew ALL the hiding places in a Bug. And he did (under the back seat, behind the foot rest, spare tire well, etc). But he NEVER figured that one out!!!

He also never looked under the hub caps to see what was taped to the inside... Cool Stash man!!!

So one night it was raining and my buddy parked up with a chick and got stuck in the mud. He was pushing while she was trying to drive a stick for the first time. Well, she tore the clutch out and his dad traded it in for something else.

Man, I'd love to have that car today. Always loved that color.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: