Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Speedwell USA parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
greasyknucklez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Speedwell contact Reply with quote

i tried buying direct thru www.speedwellusa.com but it kicked me for a loop. Emailed & they say its a website glitch. but sold me valve covers no problem. replied from "[email protected]" give that a try...hope that helps
greasyknucklez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

went over there because i broke one of the bolts, he gave me a new hardware pack. nice guy...spotted WIPs..

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
thomas.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the long nosed s.charger,wonder what that's intended for.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gimmesomeshelter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

Does anyone know what the current status of Speedwell USA? Ray's parts seem to be perpetually out of stock. I've heard Ray "has too many irons in the fire" and often has to "rob Peter to pay Paul". Can anyone comment?

Cheers,

Paul

Richard Feynman
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

It’s been two years since I’ve bought from him...have you emailed him directly?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
greek_tony
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

I had stuff from him at the beginning of the summer. It was fine, but took a bit longer due to a mistake on his part. Although he did apologize and send me a freebie.

Cool Cool Cool
MAMEDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

Please anyone have news from Speedwell or Ray?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

He responds to his email and takes PayPal for payment. Ask him if he has what you want, and if so to send you the cost plus shipping. I bought some intakes last November, a friend bought a Denzel style pulley from him just a few weeks ago (by email).
MAMEDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

Thanks Pete,

Tell to him, that I dont received the email. Confirm with him if the email is [email protected]
Tell to him for send to my other email [email protected].

Thank you so much
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

That’s his email; I sent him a message with your email address and mentioned you were trying to reach him. Hope you hear from him soon.
MAMEDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

👍👍👍👍. Thank you again Pete!!
Big_E_Deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

PeteSC wrote:
He responds to his email and takes PayPal for payment. Ask him if he has what you want, and if so to send you the cost plus shipping. I bought some intakes last November, a friend bought a Denzel style pulley from him just a few weeks ago (by email).

That's the way to do it, be patient.

1958 VW Beetle - "Max": https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
1959 VW Bus - "Hans" - Double Door Panel (sold): https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746927
2014 Porsche 991.1 Carrera S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

MAMEDE wrote:
👍👍👍👍. Thank you again Pete!!

Got an email reply from Ray saying he sent you an message.
gimmesomeshelter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

Yeah! Ray's site is back up.

http://www.speedwellusa.com/

I just ordered a Pre-A style breather. I can't wait. Very Happy

Cheers,

Paul

Richard Feynman

Last edited by gimmesomeshelter on Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

I should have kept my supercharger...damn things cost $1000 more now
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gimmesomeshelter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

Yeah, I have my Pre-A style breather!

The good:
Well packed
Very nice fit and finish
Ray answered all my questions in a professional manner
Comes with a cool Speedwell patch
Nice snug fit

The less good:
It took a week or two to ship
Ray can take a day or two to respond to emails
The breather was powder coated, but the hardware wasn't.
Nice snug fit (hard to take off/put back on) I'll probably just leave it in place and fill my oil with one of those tiny funnels for transmissions

Cheers,

Paul

Richard Feynman
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

Ordered a set of his Okrasa to IDF manifolds. Arrived on my doorstep 72hrs later. Sweeet.
1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

How did you purchase them? The manifolds are one of the only items without a price or "add to cart" button. Did you have to call to buy them?
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

motofly196 wrote:
How did you purchase them? The manifolds are one of the only items without a price or "add to cart" button. Did you have to call to buy them?

Maybe he’s out of stock? I purchased them on Aug 14th. I just put them in my cart and paid. They were $300 + $15/shipping.
1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

I'll just keep checking back. Good to know that the website works!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: