Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Birth Certificates
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
71sbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

71sbeetle wrote:
Placed an order today will update when I receive it

Ordered May 1st, dated August 8th and received today August 16th!

Weird that it shows flashers and overriders, I thought those only came on later busses?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

A USA '58 would have flashing turn signals front and rear.

Overriders though... that doesn't make sense for a '58.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
71sbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

Overriders though... that doesn't make sense for a '58.

That's what I thought Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
drgerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I've seen several errors on this page. I beginning to wonder if the Museum has got their information correct.

Mine below is obviously wrong. how can a 114 VIN lead to a Model 134 Super Beetle?

62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Everett posted in another thread about Birth Certificates that the Museum is turning down requests at present for new orders. Anyone know why? Have we collectively inundated with too many, or perhaps are they updating the system to allow for the volume? It is a bit odd to refuse requests without some announcement, unless I'm not looking in the right place. Cheers.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
pdaddy68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I emailed back and forth with a woman named Susanne Wiersch at the museum she said you can still get them if ordered by phone with credit card. I asked her if the website would ever be back and she said yes at the end of september.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kombi kid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

can you confirm that this is still Suzanne's contact phone number
00 49 53 61 92 49 54

I asked god for my first VW, I know he doesn't work that way so I stole a bug and asked for forgiveness!

my "car guy 401k"
1963 kombi (now running and driving
1956 oval sad to see it go!
1966 ghia coupe
1963 bug (sold at prado)
1968 porsche 912
1964 super stock dodge factory light weight 426cu 425hp
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
drgerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

drgerry wrote:
I've seen several errors on this page. I beginning to wonder if the Museum has got their information correct.

Mine below is obviously wrong. how can a 114 VIN lead to a Model 134 Super Beetle?

Apparently, I've hit an impasse. They are refusing to make any corrections. So, Buyer-Beware! The information you get from them may not be anything you can count on.
speakerguy63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Discovered something about my birth certificate that I want to pass on. It says that my car’s destination was Grand Rapids, USA. Been searching for 4 years for more details without much luck. Then late last week I got a return call from one of my inquiries. It was one of the original partners from Import Motors Ltd.

He confirmed that “Grand Rapids” does mean that the car was distributed through Import Motors. But it does not mean the car came through the Port of Grand Rapids as I originally thought.

He indicated that all the cars they ordered came in through the Port of Baltimore, were sent by rail to Toledo Ohio and then finally trucked to the dealer.

Unfortunately, no more records exist from Import Motors to determine which dealer received my car, but it is another piece of the puzzle.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
71sbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

speakerguy63 wrote:
Discovered something about my birth certificate that I want to pass on. It says that my car’s destination was Grand Rapids, USA. Been searching for 4 years for more details without much luck. Then late last week I got a return call from one of my inquiries. It was one of the original partners from Import Motors Ltd.

He confirmed that “Grand Rapids” does mean that the car was distributed through Import Motors. But it does not mean the car came through the Port of Grand Rapids as I originally thought.

He indicated that all the cars they ordered came in through the Port of Baltimore, were sent by rail to Toledo Ohio and then finally trucked to the dealer.

Unfortunately, no more records exist from Import Motors to determine which dealer received my car, but it is another piece of the puzzle.

Interesting! I was wondering about that, thank you for the info! As you can see my 58 shows Grand Rapids also.
Mellow Yellow 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

drgerry wrote:
Apparently, I've hit an impasse. They are refusing to make any corrections. So, Buyer-Beware! The information you get from them may not be anything you can count on.

Mine wasn’t correct and I emailed them about it and they quickly sent me a new one which was correct. Maybe it depends how you ask them.
bnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

In the past I too have had an error corrected. But, probably dependent on person and how asked. Btw, Roswitha has retired. Christiane is the new contact I dealt with.

I recently placed an order for 49 birth certificates for my VW group here. There is a group discount available that I had not heard of before.

When I was visiting the museum earlier this year, I met Roswitha and she explained they have a 10% discount for 5 BCs and 20% for 10 or more. I managed to get 25% discount for a large order.

4-5weeks was the expected delivery time.

Byas
1966 Fiat 1500 Cabrio (with 1600 Twin cam)
1952 Citroen TA 11BL
samcocker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Does anyone know how you can go about getting a birth certificate at the moment? On the website it shows it’s still not available?

Thanks. Sam
J A Red
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I had heard it was supposed to be up the beginning of October.
J.Linaker67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I used this contact form on their website on the 17th of September to ask how to order a certificate: https://www.automuseum-volkswagen.de/en/the-museum/contact/contact-form.html
I received a reply from a Susanne at [email protected] on the 19th of September explaining that the certificate and data sheet could be ordered by email. She said they need the chassis number and, if available, the engine number.
She said that the price of the combined package is 90 euros to be paid in advance - either via bank transfer or by card.
After a few back and forth replies I sent the money over on the 25th of September. Susanne then sent an email on the same day telling me that the certificate would be sent to me by mail at the end of that week.
I received the package yesterday, the 8th of October.

62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Jesus, Joseph, & Mary - that's a turnaround! I waiting six months for my DC's BC and eight months for my SC...the Museum has seemingly entered the 21st century!

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

J.Linaker67, Do I understand that we should fill out the form on https://www.automuseum-volkswagen.de/en/the-museum/contact/contact-form.html and not use the link for the certificate https://www.automuseum-volkswagen.de/en/certificates-and-data-sheets.html?

J.Linaker67 wrote:
I used this contact form on their website on the 17th of September to ask how to order a certificate: https://www.automuseum-volkswagen.de/en/the-museum/contact/contact-form.html
I received a reply from a Susanne at [email protected] on the 19th of September explaining that the certificate and data sheet could be ordered by email. She said they need the chassis number and, if available, the engine number.
She said that the price of the combined package is 90 euros to be paid in advance - either via bank transfer or by card.
After a few back and forth replies I sent the money over on the 25th of September. Susanne then sent an email on the same day telling me that the certificate would be sent to me by mail at the end of that week.
I received the package yesterday, the 8th of October.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
coziole
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Hi people, I'm from Brazil and I have a 1959 beetle. In his birth Certificate there's two M-Codes:

M 303 - cannot be identified
M 421 - CKD (completely knocked-down) - production

Do you know what is the M 303?
edbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Where can I order my zertifikat
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

edbug wrote:
Where can I order my zertifikat

There is information in the first post of this thread
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Page 46 of 61

Jump to: