Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need advice on a condenser problem.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Need advice on a condenser problem. Reply with quote

I figured I'd bring up this post since I had the same problem on two different cars now. The first car is a '58 convertible with an Okrasa that I just built for my buddy. It has an 010 restored by Ed Fall, and it had the made in Turkey condenser that took a dump. My car is a '68 with 44k original miles, original Bosch coil dated to the car, an 019 restored by Ed Fall, and it has a condenser from Wolfsburg West that just failed. I messed with my car, and it seemed to be a ground issue on the condenser wire bolt, but then it crapped out again yesterday. I installed a NOS German condenser from Glenn Ring on the 010, it seems fine now, but doesn't get driven often so we'll see if it happens again. I'm currently waiting on a NOS German condenser for my 019 from Glenn, so we'll see how that goes.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: