Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Len's spoiler buggy finally painted
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy finally painted Reply with quote

Hot Air wrote:

Link

Lol I love the great vote of confidence at the end of this video Laughing Laughing

Looks great! How does it pull with those large tires on the back?
Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy finally painted Reply with quote

Yeah that is my wife , she can't believe it is out of the garage. She ran out to get the video, She didn't know I was going to take it out .
As for the rear tires I didn't have a chance to really get into it. I still need to get the front aligned ..
Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy finally painted Reply with quote

Well it will still spin the rear tires...lol
Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy finally painted Reply with quote

Had a great time today at th vw nationals show..met alot of nice people and a few others that are here on the Samba. Nice meeting you guys.
First plague

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

MrGoodtunes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy finally painted Reply with quote

Congrats, well deserved. I luv your buggy's clean shiney gleam, strong low stance, and above all: Those modern little headlights - beautiful.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rugblaster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy finally painted Reply with quote

Just read and looked through this entire build. Speaking as a person who is a recovering perfectionist, you are a sick puppy. Very nice.

VWoA factory trained line tech 75 till 90 or so
ASE Master Certification
VWoA Assoc. of Quality Technicians inductee (One of 25 in the five state southwest region)
La Confrerie des Chevaliers du Tastevin (San Angelo Chapter)
TCU ......GO FROGS!!!!!!
Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy finally painted Reply with quote

Met a lot of nice people..the best part of the day was seeing the little kids smile when I told there parent to put them in the driver's seat. Their smiles were priceless..
Thanks for the kind words. Hope to get it in a magazine photo shoot. That is my dream
timcurtis67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy finally painted Reply with quote

Hi Len,
I can't get my Samba email to reply to your message? So here is what I tried to send to you.

Hi Len,
Yeah I'm running a TO4E turbo which is basically a T3/T4 hybrid turbo. I have a Holley 390 4 barrel carb with vac. secondaries. The motor runs really good but I will be switching to a 600 carb still with vac secondaries to keep it street friendly. It's a draw thru setup which I think is easier than the blow thru style and makes great power for these light buggies.

I built the motor with a 74mm crank and 94mm pistons. Engle 120 cam, DRD heads machined for turbo application. CB Performance black box and Dist. and many other internal goodies. I'm running on 10lbs of boost right now but can go up to around 22lbs safely by cranking the boost regulator up which should put me over 400 hp.

I plan on running it on a dyno here in Carlisle sometime soon.

I'm just waiting on my plate so I can drive legally on the road. I still have to put the roll bar back in, finish making the bumpers, and paint the body. I'll do that over the winter. For now I want to drive it around for a little while to work out any bugs.

Here are 2 pictures showing how I tucked the carb inside keeping the turbo close to the body.

Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy finally painted Reply with quote

Made a removable tag bracket. For when I take it to shows.

timcurtis67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy finally painted Reply with quote

That's a good idea. Your not planning on running any bumpers then?
Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy finally painted Reply with quote

Bumpers ! We don't need no stinking bumpers.... Very Happy
timcurtis67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy finally painted Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy
winddude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy finally painted Reply with quote

love your hatch/back cargo area, was planning something similar, great inspiration!
Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy finally painted Reply with quote

Just when it's time to start tearing up the roads this happens..I have a 61 turn signal switch that decides to take a crap..obsolete item so I have to reduce the wiring for a 3 wire switch..atleast it's raining this weekend.

timcurtis67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy finally painted Reply with quote

Bummer Len, hope you get it back together quickly.

I've got mine all apart to paint the body and adjust a few things.

Good luck.
Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy finally painted Reply with quote

Thanks Tim, yes the parts are ordered..I promise it won't be another 12 years...lol
Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy finally painted Reply with quote

Ok got the new turn switch..and guess what it it does not work
Only the left side works. I put an ohmmeter on the switch and it does not make any contact on the one side..WTF. so I'll have to wait some more
MrGoodtunes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy finally painted Reply with quote

Hot Air wrote:
... new turn switch ... Only the left side works ...

Mine occasionally has this same failure. It's stock, from a '67 Beatle. All I have to do is hold the lever up past the normal detent stop for a moment. Then, releasing it back down to the detent, it generally works, and continues to work correctly for months.

Years ago, I had to open it up due to this right signal failure getting much worse. It seems the spring inside was sort of cock'd in favor of working for left and against working for right. Can't recall exactly what I did, but it involved some file work and Dremmel work. Also, the contacts needed cleaning and de-burring. Hope you solve yours satisfactorily.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andygere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy finally painted Reply with quote

That is a really terrific build, and a very nice job capturing it here. Congrats on the trophy, you earned it.
Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy finally painted Reply with quote

Thank you Andy...just need to get this thing back on the road..I ordered another switch..fingers crossed
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Page 18 of 21

Jump to: