Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Alex Magro - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: alex magro
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 10, 2024
j8bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

j8bug wrote:
Bought a beautiful set from him a few years ago and will soon be buying another set for my notch project. How awesome is his work? Our local VW/Porsche guru could not believe they were not chrome.....

I thought I would revive this. Its been about 5 years or even longer that I bought some fully polished 5.5 hearts from Alex Magro and I still get guys thinking that his polish work is chrome. All I do is regularly buff them with WENOL ultra soft polish and give them a luster rub down with mothers billet polish in between. I almost sold them about 1 1/2 yrs ago and it wouldve been another desicion I would have regretted. Alex Magro is great at what he does and it shows.
Murafrombrazil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex,

very nice seller...tks

Mura
Brazil.
MarvinNash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a set of 4, Porsche Gasburners from Alex with lugs and painted caps. The wheels are beautiful. The shipping and packaging was great. Might contact for a set of Fuchs in the future. Thanks alex.

chris in norcal
ffastr6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received a set of chrome and detailed 15x7's from Alex and I must say that he did an exceptional job. I would highly recommend Alex. He was very professional and responsive to all of my phone calls, text messages, and emails. A+++
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
davidoconnor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I placed an order for a set of chromed and detailed flat 4 fuchs together with caps and chrome lug nuts back in early September 2013, with full payment made at that time including postage back to Aus. Still no sign of the wheels to this date!

Alex noted a 4-6 week period to process the order at the base of his Invoice... it is now over 4 months!

While I have recieved the occasional response to my emails with numerous excuses and several promises; I am yet to see any of these promises delivered on!

Has anyone else had these issues in dealing with Alex?

David
South Australia
davidoconnor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wheels finally arrived last week.....well worth the wait, the finish is sensational! Flat 4 chromed and detailed deep 6 and 4.5 Fuchs look fantastic; chromed and detailed caps will finish it off perfectly.

Thanks Alex.
PASHN8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 months?? Any discount offered?

1957 11-Window Split Bus
1954 3-fold Sunroof Oval Beetle

*** Looking for '56 Porsche T1 356A 1300 engine no. 22373 ***
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PASHN8 wrote:
4 months?? Any discount offered?

Your post is not very clear, you should add additional details.
Have you been waiting 4 months and are asking for a discount due to the wait?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PASHN8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidoconnor wrote:
I placed an order for a set of chromed and detailed flat 4 fuchs together with caps and chrome lug nuts back in early September 2013, with full payment made at that time including postage back to Aus. Still no sign of the wheels to this date!

Alex noted a 4-6 week period to process the order at the base of his Invoice... it is now over 4 months!

While I have recieved the occasional response to my emails with numerous excuses and several promises; I am yet to see any of these promises delivered on!

David
South Australia

Sorry Everett, I was referring to David's post above Smile

1957 11-Window Split Bus
1954 3-fold Sunroof Oval Beetle

*** Looking for '56 Porsche T1 356A 1300 engine no. 22373 ***
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PASHN8 wrote:
davidoconnor wrote:

David
South Australia

Sorry Everett, I was referring to David's post above Smile

He probably won't see it since you posted 10 months later and he hasn't used the site since he posted above.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
reub58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Alex Magro Porsche wheels restorer in FL Reply with quote

Most painful international purchase ever...

Constant excuses about delays, wheels not made in japan as confirmed, backs of wheels not painted, cheap chrome steel wheel nuts provided, centre caps didn't fit, then when finally fitted paint peeled at wheel nuts as they weren't masked off.

I'd seriously consider other suppliers. I certainly won't be a return customer!
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Alex Magro Porsche wheels restorer in FL Reply with quote

reub58 wrote:
wheels not made in japan as confirmed,

If you were counting on wheels made in Japan, that's your mistake. There aren't any fake Fuchs made in Japan. Never have been.
If he promised Japan made wheels, you were both mistaken.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
reub58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Alex Magro Porsche wheels restorer in FL Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
reub58 wrote:
wheels not made in japan as confirmed,

If you were counting on wheels made in Japan, that's your mistake. There aren't any fake Fuchs made in Japan. Never have been.
If he promised Japan made wheels, you were both mistaken.

OK, Point taken, but when I ask he confirmed yes.

ALSO, only found out this year by chance, and from my own lack of understanding, that the centre caps Alex sold me are for 70mm centre holes, not 66mm. Hence I had a time fitting them, along with damaging of the wheel centre hole.

Can't reiterate how pissed off I am about my dealing with Alex!

Everyone needs to go elsewhere!!
alex magro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Alex Magro - [email protected] Reply with quote

Wow, this is definitely a record breaker....this order was in two parts beginning on June 24, 2015!

Not looking at going into a back and forth concerning an order from so far back given the amount of time required to get actual email details but will certainly do so in order to best answer any concerns by Reuben.

1st order - payment sent June 24, 2015, wheels shipped July 25, 2015.
2nd order - payment sent August 8, 2015, wheels shipped Sept 12, 2015.

I typically indicate an estimated 2-3 week turnaround and many times this is met. However, when the workload is high, especially in the summer, this estimate is increased slightly AND clearly communicated.

When payment is received, confirmation is made. When wheels are shipped, tracking info is provided directly from the carrier which in this instance was USPS. This way the customer can see exactly when the wheels are in route and if there are any obstacles while in route.

Flat 4 is from Japan originally and has this posted all over their products and advertisement. When asked if these wheels were from Japan, I inadvertently answered "from Japan by Flat 4" although we all should know that most aftermarket products come from China. My response should have read "by Flat 4 Japan but made in China". My apologies for the poorly written and incorrect misleading answer.

Regardless of their place of manufacturer, these wheels are the BEST replica fuchs wheel made to date! The quality is superior to any other replica fuchs wheel and they have proven it with their market longevity. This was also indicated in my response.

Center caps....these wheels use the 70mm center caps. Period. Not 66m nor 65mm. 70mm center caps with ring back are for later version fuchs wheels while the 65mm with 3 prong clips are for early fuchs wheels.

The 70mm center caps that I provided were NEW OEM center caps that have been chrome plated. This means that the ring backs also have chrome plating and have never been on a wheel therefore very tight fit even on OEM wheels. Flat 4 wheels tend to have a very tight fit, especially with chrome plating and when using OEM caps. Yes some massaging is necessary and most weekend mechanics achieve proper fitment with some proper handling. As with any aftermarket product, there will be at times deviations in the dimensions as compared to OEM.

If you attempt to use the 65mm center caps, they will eventually fly off while driving unless epoxied in place.

Paint on the lug seat area....we always paint this area just as the rest of the wheel. If lug installation is ALWAYS done by hand vs impact and initial install is done with a slight amount of Vaseline or lube, the possibility of cracking the paint is greatly reduced.

Lug nuts are aftermarket with chrome plating and very good quality but certainly not OEM nor able to withstand use with impact wrench. Have sold hundreds of sets without a single complaint.

Reuben, not sure what your expectations are 2 years later but please let me know and I will gladly work with you.

Sincerely,
Alex
crocteau
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Alex Magro - [email protected] Reply with quote

I've been rolling a set of 2L Fuchs from Alex for over ten years, and am still a very satisfied customer. If you want top quality workmanship and great customer service Alex is the man.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
vwfanatic67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Alex Magro - [email protected] Reply with quote

Cant say enough about Alex. I drop shipped him some empi fuchs and he knocked them out in a week. Met me at the interstate for me to pick up the wheels on the Friday of Labor Day weekend. We got stuck in several traffic jams on the way and were over an hour later than expected. He never sweat it and stayed right there till we got there after 8 oclock. Great guy and honest seller.

SBS #74
52 Split Beetle
60 Panel
65 Notchback
More if my wife would let me!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: