Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Grey Vinyl Insulation Covers for early bay window bus
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Grey Vinyl Insulation Covers for early bay window bus Reply with quote

Hello Everybody,

I would like to introduce the new thing in the vw resto parts market - the grey insulations covers for early bay bus.

I decided to do after making the split covers. I used the original patterns from '68 one of the very first westy's. It looks like there are all pieces but I don't know exact the bay's. So if you find something wrong please let me know. Soon available for sale here on thesamba.com

Please take a look on the pictures and let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Jacek

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulation Covers for early bay window bus Reply with quote

wont the vinyl melt? outside may be ok, but what about the seams where it protrudes next to the insulation?
looks like 212-500 F depending on additives
100-260C
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulation Covers for early bay window bus Reply with quote

Don't worry there is no such high temprature and the sewing thread is non-flammable.

Can you tell me is this my set complited or not? I still looking for information about the bay versions of insulations covers. I would be apprieciate for your help.

Cheers,
Jacek
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulation Covers for early bay window bus Reply with quote

sorry, my original cover is long gone. Interested in a nice solution for those of us with poor insulation
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulation Covers for early bay window bus Reply with quote

This is the best solution Cool

QUALITY repro insulation covers made like OEM ones.

I need as much information about insulations from you guys who have bay window buses. I don't know them good so I will waiting for your help.

Is there the whole set I made for early bay window bus? Any one know?

Thanks
Jacek
71whitewesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulation Covers for early bay window bus Reply with quote

I think these look great and reminds me that I have a bus that needs a whole heater tube restoration. These covers would be great to have available. I’ll take a look at mine today and see if there’s anything I can add to your request for some help.
1969 Tucker Sno cat 542
2017 VW Alltrac
71 tin top stock 1600 DP (project but runs)
Twin 71 White Westy, Bus 2, that I pulled from a 15 year slumber in a dry eastern WA field in 2015.
1966 Sundial Camper "Boomer"
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulation Covers for early bay window bus Reply with quote

71whitewesty wrote:
I think these look great and reminds me that I have a bus that needs a whole heater tube restoration. These covers would be great to have available. I’ll take a look at mine today and see if there’s anything I can add to your request for some help.

That's a pitty you have to some work on tubes of course but ... when you do it you will have clear and hot air inside Smile

Any news? Did you check your stuff on the bus? Let me know. Thanks in advance.
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulation Covers for early bay window bus Reply with quote

This would be great, Jacek! (Jaček?)

I know that I have some pieces sitting around for Type 2b (later style bus). And they are different for different heating arrangements. It will be a few months before I can get my hands on some, since my bus is undergoing restoration elsewhere.

I believe you have a market, though, as I know of no one else who is making these. You might even work with Just Kampers in England and Bus Depot in the US to sell these for you!

But, yes, first things first. You need good patterns. I expect there are many folks who would send you old crusty ones to use as a pattern in exchange for new ones from you!
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JW.Holland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulation Covers for early bay window bus Reply with quote

Hello Jack,
I got these heat insulation party with my 1968 baywindow.
Do you know where the 2 small party go?

Hikelite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulation Covers for early bay window bus Reply with quote

where do these go?

I can look to see if they are still on my 68

My 1968 Campmobile
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulation Covers for early bay window bus Reply with quote

JW.Holland wrote:
Hello Jack,
I got these heat insulation party with my 1968 baywindow.
Do you know where the 2 small party go?

Hi There,

Sorry for soo late reply but I was veru busy.
I think picture tells more than my english Smile Please take a look.

I wish it helps.

Cheers,
Jacek
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulation Covers for early bay window bus Reply with quote

Hi ALL,

Best wishes for you all Smile

I've just recived the pics from my friend Martin from Germany. Many thanks !!! I would like to say - everything work fine on the bus. The brand new early grey vinyl insulations covers fit perfect Smile))

Please take a look on the pictures and leave some your observations.

The advertise with covers will be soon here on thesamba.com but you can order some sets of course.

Many thanks,
Jacek
metz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulation Covers for early bay window bus Reply with quote

Looks nice! I'm definitely interested in a set.
JW.Holland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulation Covers for early bay window bus Reply with quote

Thanks Jacek, that helpt a lot.

Johan
JW.Holland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulation Covers for early bay window bus Reply with quote

Hello Jacek,
I hope This helps.

Johan
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Vinyl Insulation Covers for early bay window bus Reply with quote

Hello There,

Now the heating covers available on thesamba.com -

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2283117

Cheers,
Jacek
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: