Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

WHAT?!? There’s no official whine thread for the 911/912/914?
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: WHAT?!? There’s no official whine thread for the 911/912/914? Reply with quote

Y’all must just be used to the prices.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT?!? There’s no official whine thread for the 911/912/914? Reply with quote

We can make one, if needed...
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT?!? There’s no official whine thread for the 911/912/914? Reply with quote

Every body that bought in early LOVE it as they are doing better than gold now.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: WHAT?!? There’s no official whine thread for the 911/912/914? Reply with quote

I think....that a Porsche parts "whine" thread...may actually be helpful.

There are a great many newbie and some old hand Porsche owners who do NOT complain...because they have bought into the purported "special" prestige thought process.....that what they are paying for some readily available parts.....is normal and worth it because the car is super special.

At some level...some of that attitude is good. Being able to make a reasonable profit for a hard to manufacture part for a limited market...is what keeps the limited aftermarket manufacturer in business.

And....starting from 911, next in line 912...and almost equal 914....yes there are some special and hard to find parts....and even some that are not hard to find that are expensive simply because they are precision, complex and hard to make.

But a whole lot of both used and re-popped parts that are relatively common...are pimped out for exorbitant prices.....to those who simply do not know they are being ripped off.

This is mostly in the realm of used and NOS parts. I try to support the aftermarket "good guys" as much as possible.....people like Auto Atlanta....and PMB...do superb work for the prices they charge.

I think a Porsche "whine" thread would actually be an eye opener to many of the new owners who are only too willing to spend excessive money simply because they do not know what the parts are really worth from their peers. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT?!? There’s no official whine thread for the 911/912/914? Reply with quote

raygreenwood wrote:

There are a great many newbie and some old hand Porsche owners who do NOT complain...because they have bought into the purported "special" prestige thought process.....that what they are paying for some readily available parts.....is normal and worth it because the car is super special.

At some level...some of that attitude is good. Being able to make a reasonable profit for a hard to manufacture part for a limited market...is what keeps the limited aftermarket manufacturer in business.

And....starting from 911, next in line 912...and almost equal 914....yes there are some special and hard to find parts....and even some that are not hard to find that are expensive simply because they are precision, complex and hard to make.

But a whole lot of both used and re-popped parts that are relatively common...are pimped out for exorbitant prices.....to those who simply do not know they are being ripped off.

This is mostly in the realm of used and NOS parts. I try to support the aftermarket "good guys" as much as possible.....people like Auto Atlanta....and PMB...do superb work for the prices they charge.

I think a Porsche "whine" thread would actually be an eye opener to many of the new owners who are only too willing to spend excessive money simply because they do not know what the parts are really worth from their peers. Ray

Nickies (LN Engineering) would be a good example of Quality for the Necessary High price.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT?!? There’s no official whine thread for the 911/912/914? Reply with quote

Feel free to continue this thread as the 911/et al. Whine thread...
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: WHAT?!? There’s no official whine thread for the 911/912/914? Reply with quote

I could list almost every Alex Manos car in this whine thread, but I'd need a lot of wine...
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT?!? There’s no official whine thread for the 911/912/914? Reply with quote

Starbucket wrote:
raygreenwood wrote:

Nickies (LN Engineering) would be a good example of Quality for the Necessary High price.

Oh for sure! Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: WHAT?!? There’s no official whine thread for the 911/912/914? Reply with quote

every Porsche that I sold and eventually missed, I bought back. I have sold over a thousand in the last 40 years and do not miss any of them.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: WHAT?!? There’s no official whine thread for the 911/912/914? Reply with quote

$88K, locals only, and I don't believe thats really a 71K mile car based on needing a booster seat but very worn steering wheel...

https://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/d/1967-black-porsche-912/6694293728.html
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: