Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Late Bay 1979 Panel Van Roof alignment question
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicolasticity
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Late Bay 1979 Panel Van Roof alignment question Reply with quote

About to fix a RHS roof repair and was wondering if the roof should be straight from the d post to b post or whether there is a slight 3/16" bulge deviation at the c post.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
theKbStockpiler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Late Bay 1979 Panel Van Roof alignment question Reply with quote

Bulge means a sphere shape correct? Does the other side have it? I would image the only convex shape to that roof would be at the front and the back but not the sides.
Nicolasticity
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Late Bay 1979 Panel Van Roof alignment question Reply with quote

the line of the roof to match the LHS would come out just ahead of the further clamp by a small amount. Like you though I think it should be straight though.

I will go measure a couple soon but was wondering what you folks think over the pond.
theKbStockpiler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Late Bay 1979 Panel Van Roof alignment question Reply with quote

If there was welding done it that area ,it would explain the bulge.
Nicolasticity
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Late Bay 1979 Panel Van Roof alignment question Reply with quote

Now have measured a few and the results are in;

some are way wobbly like in and out and all about!

some are straight (like mine will be - I hope))

some go in up to 3mm (or about 3/16ths)

some go out by 1/8th to 3/16ths (like mine on the nearside or left looking forward)

Guess putting a roof on is a bit of a game!

Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: