Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A little Eurovan building.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cwparrott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

man oh man how could I use that hood from that 93' bummer
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

Just thought I’d share that the original van from this thread is still out roaming around the country with its current owner.

Jim is a super friendly retired guy living in the van. So if you see it, it’s worth saying hi.
FredericB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

I am adding to this thread as we have just replaced the original carpet with the precut flooring that Xtremjeepn offers here

And so far we are super happy!
The original carpet was a microb's nest as well as an odor retainer.
Now, our flooring looks sleek, smells great and is easy to clean (hence smells great!)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! That's a mod I've been lusting over since we bought our van. The POs had a dog and the interior still smells like it today. I'll bet the carpet is a big part of that odor-trapper.

[edit] The wife just got back from her trip to Lk Wenatchee SP and it turns out she spilled a bunch of maple syrup on the carpet. Oh the joys of carpet.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
FredericB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
Looks great! That's a mod I've been lusting over since we bought our van. The POs had a dog and the interior still smells like it today. I'll bet the carpet is a big part of that odor-trapper.

[edit] The wife just got back from her trip to Lk Wenatchee SP and it turns out she spilled a bunch of maple syrup on the carpet. Oh the joys of carpet.

Definitely worth the upgrade, for sure, it will help removing the odor! And when something gets spilled, it is easily cleaned
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

I have a similar floor covering in my Vanagon. I'm a big fan of the stuff

y u rune klassik?
wildenbeast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

That looks great in a Vanagon too. One thing I copied from my Vanagon was to buy a factory rubber floor for the front of the van. This modification removes the remaining gross old carpeting. Ebay Germany has them often:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=654897&highlight=t4+rubber
jakefromstatefarm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: A 2017 Cavevan Build for Sale Reply with quote

While not as famous as the original Cavevan build "Night Fury" from this thread, a loaded 2003 Weekender converted in 2017 by Cavevan is now for sale. It is feature rich and has had tons of mechanical work to get it in tip top shape.

Full ad with details in classifieds, but teaser photo here:

Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

FredericB wrote:

Last photo. I still wonder why the bed rail has a cutout on the right side.....(maybe the frame is used in the EVC and it has to clear something there?

Last edited by Abscate on Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:38 am; edited 2 times in total
FredericB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

Last photo. I still wonder why the bed rail has a cutout on the right side.....

HUh... It's a great questions, I actually had not noticed ! Shocked
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

FredericB wrote:
Abscate wrote:

I officially add this to the Trivia Forum

First correct answer wins the coveted Eurovan Minivan to Split conversion kit at which point the T4 and Split Fora will be merged.

Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
FredericB wrote:
Abscate wrote:

First correct answer wins the coveted Eurovan Minivan to Split conversion kit at which point the T4 and Split Fora will be merged.

Could someone use the report button on the above post and ask mods to move the post to the trivia thread,and delete this one

...sambidiot,,,,,
EscapePod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

Greetings from Oakland, CA. I'm new here (first post!) and I'm converting a 1999 Eurovan GLS passenger (146k miles) into a DIY camper. I hope this is the right place to put this question. I've read several of the threads related and this forum seems to be the "best fit". Hopefully, I've come to the right place, else happy to start a separate forum for my queries.

I've downloaded a few ebooks and watched a lot of online tutorials about DIY conversions and have a general idea of what I'd like to do. I'm ballin' on a budget, as they say, so I'm not really looking at buying camper parts from the UK and shipping them here, or purchasing a donor vehicle for the parts, or getting an aftermarket pop-top. I'm a first-year grad student and I'm hoping this van will last for the next five years as a means to periodically escape on long weekends/holidays and decompress from the self-inflicted torture.

Here's where I'm at:
I'm in the process of stripping the rear down to build a custom bed/cabinets much like this conversion:
Link

but in the US EuroVan's there isn't such a clear divide between the front and the back plastic side paneling.

My questions (for now):

1) Should I strip the entire rear and if yes, where do you stop? I'll post pictures soon but there isn't a clear dividing place between the rear side paneling and the front and I'm hesitant to strip it all.

2) The rear heating/ac - gut it? save it? I'm not planning on having any passengers riding in the back (no legal seats) but just wondering if there is any good case to keep it.

Thanks in advance for any support/insight/advice!
Cool ,
JD
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

FredericB wrote:
I am adding to this thread as we have just replaced the original carpet with the precut flooring that Xtremjeepn offers here

And so far we are super happy!
The original carpet was a microb's nest as well as an odor retainer.
Now, our flooring looks sleek, smells great and is easy to clean (hence smells great!)

I'm prepping to finally make this mod happen. I bought a 7.6' x 17' roll of the stuff, so I can also do our other van with a solid sheet, rather than the 2' tiles.

y u rune klassik?
cl300stick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

support bracket for rear bad frame.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

cl300stick wrote:
support bracket for rear bad frame.

It’s not the bracket we are wondering about, it’s the struture on the right one that has an opening from the top for some reason
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

Shocked

New project. Elise(almost 9 now) at the wheel as we test for wheelies.

spacetiger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Abscate wrote:
FredericB wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Could someone use the report button on the above post and ask mods to move the post to the trivia thread,and delete this one

...sambidiot,,,,,

My guess: It is for access to the panel behind the frame. There is/are component(s) that require the clearance to be removed or replaced without having to take out the frame.

Jerry
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

EscapePod wrote:
Greetings from Oakland, CA. I'm new here (first post!) and I'm converting a 1999 Eurovan GLS passenger (146k miles) into a DIY camper. I hope this is the right place to put this question. I've read several of the threads related and this forum seems to be the "best fit". Hopefully, I've come to the right place, else happy to start a separate forum for my queries.

I've downloaded a few ebooks and watched a lot of online tutorials about DIY conversions and have a general idea of what I'd like to do. I'm ballin' on a budget, as they say, so I'm not really looking at buying camper parts from the UK and shipping them here, or purchasing a donor vehicle for the parts, or getting an aftermarket pop-top. I'm a first-year grad student and I'm hoping this van will last for the next five years as a means to periodically escape on long weekends/holidays and decompress from the self-inflicted torture.

Here's where I'm at:
I'm in the process of stripping the rear down to build a custom bed/cabinets much like this conversion:
Link

but in the US EuroVan's there isn't such a clear divide between the front and the back plastic side paneling.

My questions (for now):

1) Should I strip the entire rear and if yes, where do you stop? I'll post pictures soon but there isn't a clear dividing place between the rear side paneling and the front and I'm hesitant to strip it all.

2) The rear heating/ac - gut it? save it? I'm not planning on having any passengers riding in the back (no legal seats) but just wondering if there is any good case to keep it.

Thanks in advance for any support/insight/advice!
Cool ,
JD

I'd ask the mods to put this post into a new topic.
In the Bay forum, here is where I'd say..."Could someone cue the bears?"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Jump to:
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: