Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dusty?
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
L5wolvesf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Dusty? Reply with quote

DustyMojave hasn't been on since 8/20 anyone heard from him?

SNORE # 1196 sponsored by:
- www.356carburetorrescue.com/home.html
- Barnwerks Fabrication & Welding
- ArtSpeed Graphics

“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.”
S. McQueen
dirtkeeper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Dusty? Reply with quote

I have noticed him missing lately too. Hope all is well and we hear from Him soon.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Dusty? Reply with quote

X3

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Fenix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Dusty? Reply with quote

L5wolvesf wrote:
DustyMojave hasn't been on since 8/20 anyone heard from him?

X4

I know his real name so I will do some digging and hope to find nothing.
jimmyhoffa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Dusty? Reply with quote

Hopefully it's nothing worse than him taking a vacation from us asking the same questions over and over and needing the same safety and reliability advice over and over. Embarassed Honestly, I would probably need a vacation from me if I were him.

I did some digging and didn't find anything so hopefully no news is good news.
1974 Chenowth 2RL #1244 Street Legal
My other car isn't ridiculous.
Fenix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Dusty? Reply with quote

jimmyhoffa wrote:
Hopefully it's nothing worse than him taking a vacation from us asking the same questions over and over and needing the same safety and reliability advice over and over. Embarassed Honestly, I would probably need a vacation from me if I were him.

I did some digging and didn't find anything so hopefully no news is good news.

Yes, nothing bad popped up.
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Dusty? Reply with quote

Wow...I'm touched. Embarassed Confused

There are other terms for the affliction. A few bricks shy of a full load...Nuts...Loopy...Wacko...I could go on for quite a while with this. Rolling Eyes

Smile

But you guys were right that there was nothing wrong (other than the issues mentioned above). The day after my previous last visit was our 36th wedding anniversary. That started my un-intended sabbatical from the Samba. I hadn't realized it had been so long until today when I started through the list of posts on this forum. I haven't checked into this forum or any other during that time. I hadn't even checked my emails for a week and a 1/2.

I'm often amazed at how busy I am sometimes since I retired a couple or 3 years ago. In the meanwhile I've:
- Built a VW engine (1776 with dual Kadrons).
- Moved some friend's home.
- Dealt with 5 new dogs in our home (2 are temporary, one of the others had a near-death bout of parvo right after arriving - cost more than building the VW engine).
- Did a bunch of repairs on our travel trailer (there is more of that on the list). - Had a couple of visits with the guy who was best man at our wedding and his wife.
- Helped a friend with some fixes on his Bug.
- Dealt with people trying to move into the vacant house next door without buying it.
- Got another new dog spayed (MORE $$$),
- My father-in-law had an episode when his blood pressure medicine caused his pressure to drop to dangerous levels and we had to rush 75 miles to get him medical help.
- Chased and fixed strange brake problems on a 1942 Jeep, then when the problems were figured out and fixed and the owner came from 80 miles away to pick it up, on the test drive the master cylinder failed (not related to the other issues, just coincidental), so fixed that.
- My mom turned 88 years old and moved into an assisted living facility.
- Been looking into some repairs to my old buggy trailer (1977 vintage).
- Re-roofed my house.
- Celebrated my wife's birthday (no no no...It's not nice to ask a lady's age!)
- Got her a cast iron dutch oven for that birthday along with a few items to go with it and researched about camp cooking with it. Damn, even THAT can be so expensive!
- My wife spent literally 1/2 of the summer at her 91 yo dad's taking care of him, while our son worked a huge amount of over-time. So I had much of the fun of taking care of our household to myself.
- etc., etc.

I'm hoping October will slow things a bit, Nobody told me that retirement would be so much work!

But thanks for being concerned!
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: Dusty? Reply with quote

Glad to see that you’re back & doing well!

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: Dusty? Reply with quote

See.... That is what you get for retiring... I never had to do all those things either, before retirement....

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Dusty? Reply with quote

It's glad to "not" see you on the last page of the newspaper. ..you know, the one that starts with the letter "O" Laughing Laughing

Welcome back Dusty...I wasn't worried at all. ..we all have a life I think Rolling Eyes
no1clyde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Dusty? Reply with quote

Hey Dusty good to see your OK and up and at it. I have now been retired 8 years and there are many times I have thought I need a job so I can go there and rest LOL. Also it is amazing how much everything costs when your income becomes fixed so to speak.....BUT I love being retired LOL, hope you do too.

Ed
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Dusty? Reply with quote

Ed, you need have no concern that I would start my business back up again. I'm not THAT foolish.
Laughing
And thanks to all of you who've stated concern.
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
L5wolvesf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Dusty? Reply with quote

Welcome back DM

SNORE # 1196 sponsored by:
- www.356carburetorrescue.com/home.html
- Barnwerks Fabrication & Welding
- ArtSpeed Graphics

“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.”
S. McQueen
DSTMULE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Dusty? Reply with quote

Welcome Back, Glad all is going ok.
1fastbigguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Dusty? Reply with quote

I once asked my Father if he was enjoying his retirement, to which he responded... Son, I'm not retired... I've just been reassigned. Very Happy

59 Ragtop
61 Ragtop Baja
69 Squareback

@Dustydrone
#Ohibaja

Our Build
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=545394
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Dusty? Reply with quote

"Retired" = re: again + tired: what happens at a tire shop.

The word thus means that you went and got new tires for yourself.

I got cancer a couple of months after I retired, so I suppose it was the replacement tire that had a flat. Confused

Shoulda got the road hazard warranty.
SoCalBajas Member
vdubrookie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Dusty? Reply with quote

Praying that you BEAT the cancer. I just retired in October and haven't worked this hard in twenty years since becoming Chief Cook & Bottle Washer as my wife is waiting for her third back surgery & can't stand over the stove or sink for more than just a few minutes. Hoping for a quick recovery as she loves to go riding in our street legal sand rail. lol Glad to see you're back & not gone. Really appreciate your vat wealth of knowledge on these ACVW's.
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Dusty? Reply with quote

I've spent most of the time the last few years since I "retired" wondering how I can be retired yet working so hard....

Although lately, my wife and the dogs have been letting me sleep in. And I don't know why. I'm wondering what they have up their sleeves Rolling Eyes

Cool
SoCalBajas Member
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: