Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:07 am    Post subject: Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US Reply with quote

***Edit to put buying link at top of message ***

These are now available in the USA with free shipping – https://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen-Type-2-T3-Vana...SwUO9bjqc4

***end of edit***

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in USA.

STOP Floppy Mirror and get EXCELLENT field of view with convex mirrors. See from rain gutter down to the bottom of the rear wheel!

from these threads –

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8372585#8372585

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...=mirror%2A

These are now available in the USA with free shipping – https://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen-Type-2-T3-Vana...SwUO9bjqc4

*** Kit includes 2 mirrors and 2 brackets ***

Getting the mirror/bracket combo is the way to go and if you want just the brackets PM/email me. Eventually they will be available on www.SuperVanagon.com when I set that up.

Rowlesy in UK came up with this idea and I worked with him to have them here. This first run I made here and while in England this week I’m seeing about bringing a lot back with me. BTW, if you want me to bring something from the UK, see this thread - https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...ghlight=uk

The ebay seller is LRNJ Autoworks who I just happened on. https://bestofparts.com/ Turns out Dan there is clever in the offerings he has for alternate fixes to things that typically break…like he has a $20 magnet solution to a $$$ broken Jetta glove compartment. https://bestofparts.com/parts/vw-new-beetle-golf-m...pair_28327 Really lives up to the motto “Parts your vehicle manufacturer doesn’t want you to know about.”

Please ask any questions. I’m just a Vanagon enthusiast that worked with the VW community to get this awesome solution locally without the long wait and high shipping costs of ordering things from different places around the world.

I used these mirrors for 10,000 road trip miles recently and they really are AWESOME!!! When one can cruise at 80+ with the subi conversion one really appreciates mirrors that stay in place.

Andy

www.SuperVanagon.com - some stuff I make

Last edited by vanis13 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:49 am; edited 4 times in total
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US Reply with quote

Wow. Awesome. Thanks for posting. My OG mirrors flopped. I just bought cheapo $13 mirrors from Rock Auto. While they vibrate annoyingly, they stay in place.

I'm not a fan of having to drill into my van. I'm really considering these
dabaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US Reply with quote

FYI: supervanagon.com website is non-functional.

EDIT -I am the dumb

Quote:
Eventually they will be available on www.SuperVanagon.com when I set that up.

BiWerks Design, LLC
dabaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US Reply with quote

Is there a picture of the front of the bus with both mirrors? that would help judge the size and "look" for some (me).

BiWerks Design, LLC
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US Reply with quote

Real nice! Are these convex?
rowlesy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US Reply with quote

yes buddy there convex. you can see bottom of rear wheels to the top of your westy! takes a little getting used to just because you see soooo much but after a short while it becomes the norm. easily on par with syncro mirrors
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US Reply with quote

dabaron wrote:
Is there a picture of the front of the bus with both mirrors? that would help judge the size and "look" for some (me).

erste
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US Reply with quote

^ that bus has the defender XD extended mirror arm on the driver's side

this is the only front pic I can find of mine:

you can get heating elements for them too.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US Reply with quote

You might want to specify more clearly that your package comes with both mirrors as well as arms.
tristessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US Reply with quote

Funny, just last week I built a pair of brackets to do exactly this for my buddy's '81.
erste
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
You might want to specify more clearly that your package comes with both mirrors as well as arms.

Agreed. The illustration has an arrow pointing to the mirror arm and it says "(not included)"
smd333
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
I'm reading it that way. Is it supposed to read "mirror arm included"?
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US Reply with quote

Yes I think so. At least looking at ebay listing.
vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US Reply with quote

Thanks the feedback.

The eBay package includes two mirrors and brackets. Ready to mount. Will pass along to seller.

The mirrors included are convex. I have deemed these the best solution solution after trying serveral mirrors of different sizes and types.

The long arm is available. Contact the seller. It is more expensive. I am using it to get additional clearance/view for the side mounted kayak/ski rack.

vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US Reply with quote

smd333 wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
I'm reading it that way. Is it supposed to read "mirror arm included"?

In the eBay/lnrj kit brackets and mirrors and arms are included - everything you need to install them. Takes like 5 min.

Getting just the brackets from me you get... Well, just the brackets ... so the mirror and arm you would get yourself.

Unless you have a source for the mirrors, the eBay/lrnj kit is the way to go

Gnarlodious Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US Reply with quote

I can’t recommend this upgrade strongly enough. I’ve been running them for 3 years and they increase the visibility level drastically, as well as never flopping.
owokie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US Reply with quote

Been waiting for a non-truck mirror option like this for a while, thanks guys. For those of you like me wondering if you can piece it together for cheaper, the answer is yes, but only by a few bucks. I went with the ebay option.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
m_goerzen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US Reply with quote

On Ebay these look sold out. Does anyone know when they'll have more?
vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US Reply with quote

m_goerzen wrote:
On Ebay these look sold out. Does anyone know when they'll have more?

Hi! Glad you guys are liking these.

I just got back from the UK last night. Unfortunately wasn't able to coordinate with Rowsley to bring some back so will have to try to make some before I head out again 6 days from now. Then I am back on 10/15 and will definitely be able to get them made after I return then.

I'll check with the Ebay seller what email he'd want to get pre-order messages on and will post here.

Any questions, please post them up here or email me directly at [email protected]

Andy

vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Land Rover Defender mirrors and brackets now avail in US Reply with quote

Sending Dan @ LRNJ a few brackets I have on hand.

Pre-orders can be sent to [email protected]

Go ahead and email him there to get things sorted out.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: