Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Acoustics
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Brugge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Acoustics Reply with quote

Hi Guys, Is there a thread for speaker location for best sound? Was thinking about a 10" in the luggage bay, a couple of 6x9's on either side of the back seat and some tweeters up front. I want enough noise to damage my hearing. I currently Have 2 6x9's, two 8" and two 3x5's on a panel where the luggage tray is, but they are cheap speakers attached to an old cheap stereo.
I have a brand new cheap stereo 4x50w,two brand new 6x9's 200w and 2 2" 400w. I have 2 more 2" that I harvested out of a crashed baja, but idk what they are or if they are even any good. The baja had these 2 speakers mounted in the top of the A pillar, right where it widens out. Seems like it should be a good place, but not sure if it is a good idea or if it will damage the structural integrity of the a pillars.

So whats a good speaker lay out for a classic beetle?
panicman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Acoustics Reply with quote

The best sound I remember putting together in a beetle was a pioneer bass tube in the luggage compartment, and it had its own amp. Over that, I built a plywood shelf (upholstered in black carpet) with cut outs for Pioneer premier 6x9’s, powered by a separate amp. You could aim those tweeters toward the front of he car.

I had original 66 door panels in excellent condition and refused to cut them. It seems like I installed surface mount tweeters in front but I can’t remember how or where.

It was enough sound to boil you out of the car. Sound quality was not to an audiophile’s demands, but I loved it.

There are way more options now, and better tech.

If I was in a daily driver like I was, I would consider amps carefully and think about underseat subwoofers, front footwell speaker panels, hidden tweeters, and likely hidden 6x9’s in a suitcase or similar in the luggage area.

And I would make everything reversible.
Bob Brugge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Acoustics Reply with quote

So you just had a base and some 6x9's in the back?

What do you mean by reversible?
Bob Brugge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Acoustics Reply with quote

bump
panicman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Acoustics Reply with quote

I would not modify or damage the car or any of its original parts permanently- the installation could be removed to quickly return the car to factory-like.
Bob Brugge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Acoustics Reply with quote

double bump, show me your systems!
Dangermouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Acoustics Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: