Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How much power do you think this Type4 motor makes?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
2mAn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: How much power do you think this Type4 motor makes? Reply with quote

Obviously this is very difficult to estimate, but Im hoping to get a decent ballpark figure from you guys.

Thanks

The spec list:
2165 cc Type 4 Porsche engine by Precision Motorwerks
Porsche 2.0L heads
JE pistons, 94mm
Scat forged crankshaft 78 x 2.0
Carillo Rods
Fat Performance stainless steel valves 44 x 38
Fat Performance FC443 Camshaft .507 lift, 290 dur
Fat Performance cam gear, followers, retainers
Fat Performance dual valve springs
Fat Performance cam followers
Weber 44idf Carburetors
Steve Arndt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: How much power do you think this Type4 motor makes? Reply with quote

140hp
2mAn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: How much power do you think this Type4 motor makes? Reply with quote

Steve Arndt wrote:
140hp

Thanks Steve

Ive seen numbers anywhere from 120-160, but nothing concrete and those could all be variances in similar displacement, cam, carb changes...

overall it seems safe to say that a FAT motor is likely to be pretty quick and torquey, but Im not knowledgeable enough to guess based off spec'd parts.
Steve Arndt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: How much power do you think this Type4 motor makes? Reply with quote

What exhaust system?
2mAn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: How much power do you think this Type4 motor makes? Reply with quote

Steve Arndt wrote:
What exhaust system?

Its not listed, but Im pretty sure the exhaust is a HUGE factor in the power output with aircooled motors, right? What would be an ideal setup for this setup? Its a car thats for sale that Im considering buying
nextgen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: How much power do you think this Type4 motor makes? Reply with quote

Can be between 140 and 160, but the real difference is the feeling of torque thru the entire range.

I have 115 to 120, 140 to 160 has got to be amazing.

But as I mentioned many times my engine was room a 914 that had a top speed of 127mph and my bug is a lot lighter. But after 90 mph the bug lifts and steering lightens. So for an average bug 0 to 90 is your playing field. My real power is shown between 50 and 90
LETS TALK DUBS https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=joe+cali+ghia https://letstalkdubs.libsyn.com/ep-200-joe-cali-ty...qI3xJTCzjs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Steve Arndt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: How much power do you think this Type4 motor makes? Reply with quote

A1 Exhaust or Tangerine are the best exhausts.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: How much power do you think this Type4 motor makes? Reply with quote

Looks like a fun car Very Happy
2mAn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: How much power do you think this Type4 motor makes? Reply with quote

I finally got a reply...

"Don't know manufacturer of the headers or the muffler that is on it for street use (taking the straight pipe off).
Approximate HP max at rear wheels just shy of 120 at 5750 rpm and approximate max torque 250 lbs ft torque at 4000 rpm."

I asked if the torque was a typo and he said it was confirmed on the dyno!
2mAn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: How much power do you think this Type4 motor makes? Reply with quote

Ive seen many dyno plots but this one looks strange to me... am I freaking out for no reason???

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: