Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
stickshiftcayenne
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:10 am    Post subject: 1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options Reply with quote

Hello, I recently purchased a '93 5 cyl Eurovan auto with 118k miles. The rear muffler is completely gone and I'm sure the center is pretty shot too. I am going to replace since its pretty loud when accelerating and a pretty noticeable sound at cruising speed. Does anyone have any experience with the Tectonics mufflers? Whats the advantage of the 2 muffler vs the 1 version they sell? Is it worth the extra money over a stock muffler? Will it still have a good note, yet more quiet at cruising speed? Thanks for your thoughts. Very Happy
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: 1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options Reply with quote

The Techtonics system is a work of art.

I have it on my 2001 in the salty north of Canada. Sounds incredible and still in excellent shape after 3 years. I'd recommend the 2 muffler system as there is no real additional hp and you don't want to drive around with a people mover enlessly droning along Laughing

VW used 2 mufflers for good reason
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

subdewd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: 1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options Reply with quote

Will it for the 2.5?
Joshwa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: 1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options Reply with quote

I don't see why not, if you are needing from the end of the CAT pipe back.
Late model cabin air filter on 93
Euro spec bumper install on 93
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Thoragaverung
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: 1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options Reply with quote

Dude, spray off the underside of that hoopty, let it dry, spray the rust with consolidant, let it dry, paint it with enamel, let it dry, coat it with undercoating.

You'll buy years of vehicle life and easier maintenance.
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options Reply with quote

Thoragaverung wrote:
Dude, spray off the underside of that hoopty, let it dry, spray the rust with consolidant, let it dry, paint it with enamel, let it dry, coat it with undercoating.

You'll buy years of vehicle life and easier maintenance.

Lol, this Van was raised and run in St Paul most of its life

Agreed, however, my Eurovans are winter drivers so there is no escape. I hate to do it but there is no other VW option for me and my family.

Those photos were taken in salty February, the chassis gets hosed off in the spring

Cheers
Gruppe B
JFBx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options Reply with quote

Gruppe B,

I am on the verge of pulling the trigger on a TT exhaust like yours. If you don't mind, would you compare the TT mufflers' sound at idle and at around 3K rpm to the stock mufflers? I would rate the stock system as nearly silent. I would rate this gentelman's TT with single muffler as too loud for my taste:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B8G4z0yIcg

Thanks very much.

--jb
stickshiftcayenne
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice Gruppe B. I was pretty sure I wanted the TT exhaust, now I know that's what I'll get.
scottz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options Reply with quote

JFBx wrote:
Gruppe B,

I am on the verge of pulling the trigger on a TT exhaust like yours. If you don't mind, would you compare the TT mufflers' sound at idle and at around 3K rpm to the stock mufflers? I would rate the stock system as nearly silent. I would rate this gentelman's TT with single muffler as too loud for my taste:

Thanks very much.

--jb

I am due for a muffler replacement as well and was considering the TT system. I would also like to know how loud it is at cruzing speeds. 65-75 on the highway... is it going to be annoying?

Gruppe B, any thoughts on that?
Thanks for posting the great pictures too!
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options Reply with quote

JFBx wrote:
Gruppe B,

Thanks very much.

--jb

That single muffler exhaust would be too loud for me as well.

The 2 muffler system sounds stock at idle and has only a slightly larger growl at WOT. No drone sounds, no tuner rasp. Easy to live with and sounds powerful not loud (from a 2001-2003 Eurovan owner)
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options Reply with quote

scottz wrote:
JFBx wrote:
Gruppe B,

Thanks very much.

--jb

I am due for a muffler replacement as well and was considering the TT system. I would also like to know how loud it is at cruzing speeds. 65-75 on the highway... is it going to be annoying?

Gruppe B, any thoughts on that?
Thanks for posting the great pictures too!

It's really only a deeper growl at WOT, when cruising there is little to no difference.
scottz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks for the reply! Cool
JFBx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: 1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options Reply with quote

Many thanks, Gruppe B. I really appreciate the info.

--jb
JFBx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options Reply with quote

I installed the dual muffler Techtonics exhaust today on the 02 Weekender. Very nice build quality and well-made kit.

Thank you GruppeB for taking the time to post photos and respond to this thread.

--jb

Last edited by JFBx on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
CatfishCalhoun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: 1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options Reply with quote

Where is this Techtonics system obtained?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options Reply with quote

CatfishCalhoun wrote:

http://techtonicstuning.com/main/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_24_548
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options Reply with quote

JFBx wrote:
I installed the Techtonics exhaust today on the 02 weekended. Very nice build quality and well made kit.

Thank you GruppeB for taking the time to post photos and respond to this thread.

--jb

No problems, I had taken those photos years ago but neglected to do an install thread like I had planned. This thread helped me redeem myself a little by giving at least a little back to thesamba Laughing .

Cheers
Gruppe B
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options Reply with quote

CatfishCalhoun wrote:

http://techtonicstuning.com/main/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_24_548
Gruppe B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options Reply with quote

Double post
av218003
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 1993 Eurovan Exhaust Replacement Options Reply with quote

Dear all,

Can anyone recommend where to order muffler hangers for the '93 Eurovan?

Thanks-A.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: