Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

Most all of my cars are old & slow, but the Jetta wagon is my "fast" car, I travel to Ct. often, and by far the Masshole drivers are usually the ones going 60-65 in the left lane, now and then I will follow for a few miles, go around them, pull into the left lane and start slowing down, a little at a time, until we are at about 50 mph,THEN they pull right to pass, and off I go, Dick move, yea maybe, but after following these dip sticks for miles, year after year, it seems like the best move other than pulling in front of them & giving them a "Brake Job". I guess they don't teach the stay right except to pass rule in Mass...

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:
I will say the woman (mother with her child in the car) that aggressively merged me off the road today didn’t care I was driving an older vehicle. I feel like most guys recognize a “vintage” vehicle and give it room, even if it’s a rust bucket. The vast majority of ladies just don’t care about rusty junk and drive accordingly.

Perhaps that’s more telling about my vehicle than anything else. Mostly I just needed to vent.

Was she driving a Toyota?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
Most all of my cars are old & slow, but the Jetta wagon is my "fast" car, I travel to Ct. often, and by far the Masshole drivers are usually the ones going 60-65 in the left lane, now and then I will follow for a few miles, go around them, pull into the left lane and start slowing down, a little at a time, until we are at about 50 mph,THEN they pull right to pass, and off I go, Dick move, yea maybe, but after following these dip sticks for miles, year after year, it seems like the best move other than pulling in front of them & giving them a "Brake Job". I guess they don't teach the stay right except to pass rule in Mass...

These left lane sitters, are they driving Toyota’s?
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
crukab wrote:

These left lane sitters, are they driving Toyota’s?

All makes/models, the common factor is the Red & white Lisc. plate.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
photogdave wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

The easiest drivers to stereotype around here are those with British Columbia or Alberta license plates.

We're confused by your archaic system of measuring speed and distance. Wink

The absolute worst people on the road are as follows:

ANYONE driving a car while I'm riding my bike.
ANY cyclist while I'm driving my car.
EVERY pedestrian while I'm either driving my car or riding my bike.
BOTH cars and cyclists when I'm walking.

Laughing Pretty much nailed it!

That's perfect.
I might add, it depends on which car I'm driving. I might smile, shake my head and wait for a slow poke to turn off, if I'm driving my VW. If I'm in my G35, I'm driving straight up their ass and then passing them on the outside at twice the posted limit...on two wheels...while shaking my fist out the window.
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

LOL--I own two Toyotas, a 1996 T100 4x4 and a 2000 Avalon (wife's car). And, my Toyota is lifted with big tires, so there. Razz Actually, not much of a lift because unlike the brodozer doofuses (doofi?) I actually take mine off road. I do not tailgate just for the reasons previously mentioned. And at least when I wheeling the Avalon, I am not an anchor in the fast lane. I've always used the Autobahn rule of driving (except the no speed limit one)--if you're not passing folks then get the h*ll out of the left lane. And lastly, I 100% agree about Priuses (Prii?)--especially here in SoCal where a gazillion of them 98% of the drivers are sh*theads. Wink
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

I never know when I might get a sudden urge to change lanes so I make it a habit to always have my turn signal on.
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

I will say that Canadians do appear to practice much better left lane management that we here in the US...especially in WA...and extra-specially the Toyotas...and Buicks.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

Driving the bus on I95, I am the slowest on the road at 60mph. The best part is I never experience traffic, and I get nods and waves from people passing.
Rolling the diesel Benz, no one tailgates, and the currently badly aimed headlights and fogs encourage fast lane parkers to move out of the way. It's a non turbo, so driving it is much like the bus. Please don't make me slow down!
olspeed
Samba Member

Location: In the shadow of Denali, I still don't give a damn how they do it outside

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
I never know when I might get a sudden urge to change lanes so I make it a habit to always have my turn signal on.

Drive a FORD much? seems most of the cars/trucks I see lately that have a blinker stuck on are from that manufacturer.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

olspeed wrote:
iowegian wrote:

Drive a FORD much? seems most of the cars/trucks I see lately that have a blinker stuck on are from that manufacturer.

At least they come equipped with signals, seems many other makes do not.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
marklaken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

My anecdotal evidence would be against interstate semi-truck drivers. Particularly the ones that pass other semi trucks at the exact same speed.

'65 rear left beetle fender

15" Bus Wheels in fair condition

Mark Laken
Fort Collins, CO
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
olspeed wrote:
iowegian wrote:

At least they come equipped with signals, seems many other makes do not.
Or an option that they do not know how to operate.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

Come around here you might see hand signals. Thank god toyota doesn’t make farm equipment that would really be bad
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Come around here you might see hand signals

Most of the time the "hand signal" involves only one finger.
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

Back in the day Toyota's were not really fast so it seemed like their owners took the hole in traffic,
but then were either too dumb or too slow to do anything with it.
Prius & Electric car owners here in California mainly bought them to buy into(cheat) the car pool lane.
Toyota and Honda owners are the least likely to mash the gas pedal when the light turns green, don't get behind them!
When a diesel pick up truck pulls up next to you, roll your windows up before the light turns green.
Mustang owners really, really don't like to be passed by a New Beetle.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

ach60 wrote:
Back in the day Toyota's were not really fast so it seemed like their owners took the hole in traffic,
Prius & Electric car owners here in California mainly bought them to buy into(cheat) the car pool lane.
Toyota and Honda owners are the least likely to mash the gas pedal when the light turns green, don't get behind them!
When a diesel pick up truck pulls up next to you, roll your windows up before the light turns green.

I can’t speak for others but my prius is governed at 107 mph, ask me how I know😀 cruises at 80 mph with A/C blasting getting low 40s mpg. I just hate that.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
ach60 wrote:

I can’t speak for others but my prius is governed at 107 mph, ask me how I know😀 cruises at 80 mph with A/C blasting getting low 40s mpg. I just hate that.

You must have the sport model; my Prius is limited to about 104. Wink
As I posted, I don't drive like most Prius drivers...
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

Lovely! A genuine "Everyone else in the world but me is an Idiot." thread! Very entertaining stuff I must say!

I feel right at home here! Very Happy

How do people get to own driver's licences without knowing how to work their bloody lights?

DIM YOUR LIGHTS WHEN MEETING ANOTHER VEHICLE!

Not only is it common curtisy but it is a safety issue. The other guy can't see where the road is for @%#! sakes and might hit the ditch, wildlife, a pole, a parked car, a pedestrian or YOU!

4 lights is NOT the dim setting!

2 lights and fog lights is NOT the dim setting!

4 lights and your fogs is definitely NOT the dim setting!

Worst offenders - Ford and Dodge pickup drivers. Oh and did I mention Ford pickup drivers? Ya them too!

Some day I am going to snap and throw a bucket full of 1/2" ball bearings out the window just as you dim bulbs with all your lights get to me. We will see how many of your macho headlights survive that!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:
ach60 wrote:

You must have the sport model; my Prius is limited to about 104. Wink
As I posted, I don't drive like most Prius drivers...

Touring edition with every available option purchased used 1 owner 82k miles. See you on Prius chat forum, it’s a place for idiots that drive Toyota’s. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: