Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bugs but NO BEER at the Branch 9/8/18
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Bugs but NO BEER at the Branch 9/8/18 Reply with quote

I went there today since it was only an hour and a half from home.
Sadly could not take the Ghia since it doesn't have wheels or an engine right now. Well she does have the wheels and engine. Just not on her.

It wasn't really an exclusive VW event. There were lots of Chevelles, Mustangs, a 55 Bel Aire an old E-Type Jag, an old Buick LeSabre and a few other oddities.

I only saw about 20 VW's and a lot of those were in regular parking. No swap meet vendors, just the usual Real Estate, Insurance, Candy Apples, Home Exteriors and the people begging for Cancer foundations.

To be fair there were some individuals selling their crafts and combined with the event was "The Taste of Flowery Branch" complete with a Chili cook-off.
Biggest Bummer for me was NO BEER.

How can you have a Car Show, Craft Show and Food Show with NO BEER.

I put a few pics in the gallery under Bugs at the Branch.

Anyone else on this forum attend?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugs but NO BEER at the Branch 9/8/18 Reply with quote

Depends on who’s putting on the show. I’ve been to some at a church and as you could imagine that puts a damper on certain things. In a situation with no beer it might be prudent to take your own and or put it in an unmarked cup especially if it’s a lot of small children. Family vibe also puts a damper on beers, don’t get me wrong I love beer. Another dependent factor local ordinance probably says no to drinking in public. Again If I wanted beer I’d bring my own or slip on over to a nearby restaurant. 😀 Georgia? That may have something to do with that as well.
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Bugs but NO BEER at the Branch 9/8/18 Reply with quote

Georgia? This is the Natty Capital!
Churches? Unless it’s a Baptist Church or a Mosque or Morman maybe.
Still, I know a lot of Baptists that drink.
Local Ordinances? That’s a simple city council request and a Mayors signature or a paid permit. My city of Woodstock regularly waives open container ordinances for festivals, concerts and the like.
Kids? Don’t shelter the kids. Let them experience the real world and have conversations about it.
Local Restaurants? Closed. They were all participating in the “Taste Of”.
But really. A chili cook-off without beer? How are we supposed to cleanse our pallet between samples?

We did bring our own beer but were afraid of the beer nazies. Where is all this freedom we speak of here in America. Oh yeah, it was taken in favor of security. I suppose that argument is for another venue.

Please, at least vote in your local elections, and pay attention to those people.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Bugs but NO BEER at the Branch 9/8/18 Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics . Me and the kids went . I was disappointed their was no one selling any parts . I missed that parking lot with bugs. It was more than a little disappointing and disorganized to me after the hour drive.
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugs but NO BEER at the Branch 9/8/18 Reply with quote

Nothing like knocking a few back then driving home...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: