Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

jim10 - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: jim10
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: November 26, 2008
Greg Medico
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: jim10 - [email protected] Reply with quote

Jim10 is conducting fraudulant business. He and his partner(s) are passing themselves off as VW resoration people. From my experience, if you have any dealings with him you will not get what you were promised! Crying or Very sad
52HoffmanSplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg, Fill people in on the details.. it goes a long way, to making your point/case. Im interested in hearing. Is that who was doing your car?

9/1950 Hoffman Standard
11/1966 Porsche 912
10/1966 Porsche 912
7/1968 Type 265 Double Cab
10/1958 Type 117
Greg Medico
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Bottom Feeder Reply with quote

If you want to be constantly lied to, have one delay after another, get shotty workmanship and poor quality work, Jim and his (so called) business partner(s) are for you. I gave them a simple project to finish. A little body tune up work, prime and paint. For 3-months all I got was one excuse after another. Finally, after 3-days of tyring to get my car back I was extorted. On Monday I came by to pick up my car, only to find the body shell left out in the driveway. All of the other parts were in the garage and the painter guy, (KrazyKenny) in jail. (another lie) I had to work through the ex-wife to get my parts. I had to pay the balance of the money to get my parts - INCOMPLETED & AS IS. Jim takes no ownership in the matter.

Last edited by Greg Medico on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
52HoffmanSplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Greg. Since this person has an ad on the site. I think we should heed these warnings. Here is the ad:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=563741

Keep us updated Greg... quality of the paint job, missing parts etc. I think VW afficianados in AZ would like to know in order to avoid a similar fate.

9/1950 Hoffman Standard
11/1966 Porsche 912
10/1966 Porsche 912
7/1968 Type 265 Double Cab
10/1958 Type 117
Greg Medico
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Stay on the Alert Reply with quote

Not to turn this into a chat session, (there are other site locations for that), and staying to the original subject, Jim Powers and his business partners sold me on a bill goods and services that they were unable and noticeably unwilling to deliver on. They lied about there ability to deliver and came up very short on the final product. The past 3-months were sickening for me once I realized that I might be totally ripped off by them. This experience unfortunately is not un-common. But I will do everything that I can to help prevent it from happening to my fellow VW enthusiasts!
OvalTeenAZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he has a resto shop why did he take his car to Matt Howard and Buddy Hale at deluxe customs for a ragtop graft and body work????
Greg Medico
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Wishfull Thinking - Everyone Suffers Reply with quote

Jim Powers has talked himself into being something he is not. Having a little knowledge about V-dubs is ok. He went to far when he started to covinced others that he is more than just a VW hack. Out comes the lies and deception. This pre-supposes that everyone else is stupid enough to believe him. yes - that included me. Stay Clear! Shocked
Raybo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: jim10 - [email protected] Reply with quote

I too have had dealings with (Jim10) and (Nitrojm) and was done wrong! He was to trade me parts for a car I bought in his area. He picked up the car promised me parts on several occasions and has yet to settle up.. He is not to be trusted and I hope he gets what is coming to him in the end. I further hope that the good people here on Samba rise up against these type of business practices and the people that carry them out. This is a great site and the majority of the people I have come in contact with have been equally great! It's a shame that a few bad people have to spoil an otherwise great experience. Again I can't state this enough.... This guy is a crook!! plain and simple.
Greg Medico
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Another Victum Reply with quote

I am sure that you are not the only person that Jim Powers has lied to. I have talked with several V-dub people that have had some dealings with hims and all have said there was a reason to mis-trust him. Anyone that lies to another person for personal profit is truly a low form of life.
Newdashsplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: jim10 - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought hard to ship part and arrived very quickly at very reasonable price. Boxed well. Easy to work with. 5 star seller.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: